• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Was in a car crash yesterday...

E

edinburgh_gunner

Went for a run in my friends car yesterday with two other friends to celebrate her passing her test. We went up on the quiet back roads in the country, and as we came out of a corner she accelerated on the exit. The rear gave way, spun into a one-eighty degree angle and we slammed into a few big trees and a wall. The back right window was smashed, and the pannel was really tented. I put my head through the window, but that was it, we were all ok. Was bloody scary though, when we were sliding sideways I thought we were gonna flip and the shunt was really bad. The damage was all body work though, and while no-one got hurt it was definatley brown trousers time.

thank god everyone pulled through... as much as you hate to give up your pride and joy, at the end of the day it's only metal

Thats like celebrating winning the lottery by almost drowning to death in your winnings.

or winning the lottery and getting stoned to death like what happend in that short story.

Glad you're alright.

Please say hindsight you can see the humour (I added the "u" to appease your taste for "Queen's English") in a newly liscenced driver crashing the car in celebration of being declared a safe driver. It's like getting CPR certified and choking at your celebratory lunch.

IRONY

Well she had to get a new car, cause the damage is a bit worse than we thought. The framework on the roof is a bit twisted, and it'll cost more to repair than the car is worth. She can only get insured on a 1.o Ka now and is properly gutted.

Everyone is ok, not even a scratch, we're all just a bit wary on country roads.

hum also glad you're all ok ... see what happens when you let women driving :) !!!

did ur life flash before ur eyes like the movies always seem to say? u got any photos of the car? post them up!
i've been in a car that lost traction and skidded out but we didn''t hit nothing. was still pretty scary tho

i've been in one too. the main problem is that i live in the alps and when you get out of the road in the moutain its not the same !!! the car stoped just 1 meter before falling of a 100 meters hill ... fortunatly it was night and we couldn't see the ravin ... but such things are frightening !!!

I been in quite a bad car accident.. was still at junior high then..
was in a school van, driver was drunk apparently... twas raining, he didnt see the red light... and *CRASH!* i ended up inside the car we crashed in to...
now that... was Fcukin scary!!!

I remember turning round this long bend up in some motorway in Lancashire/Chorley/Manchester somewhere about 2 years ago...anyway..

As the road was very slippy we lost control going around the best and ended up doing a 360, was cool but quite scary at the same time as we landed sideways along the barrier...very lucky not to hit anything.

We've got a video of the bit we crashed on and the car I think, I'll need to find it.

My life didn't flash behind my eyes, know one said anything untill we crashed which was the weirdest thing.

anyway the most important is that you're ok !!! i don't want to lose a scott as you're to few on this forum !!! :)

Latest posts