• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

was it a try?

did mark cueto succesfully score or did the TMO get it roysh?

• Yes England were robbed by george

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No......typical moany limeys

• I cant make a decision because im a pussy

• it doesnt matter south africa were the better team and would have won anyway

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As for the ball being out the foot touched the line marginally from what I saw, the English will whinge over and over about it but to be honest the call was brilliant by the TMO. [/b]

Actually, the majority of the English posters have been very skeptical about whether it was a try, and have congratulated South Africa on their win. It was a major incident in the game, so of course it's going to get discussed, but where does this view that we're all going to go out and make voodoo dolls of Stuart Dickinson come from? This poll wasn't even started by an Englishman!

<div class='quotemain'>
As for the ball being out the foot touched the line marginally from what I saw, the English will whinge over and over about it but to be honest the call was brilliant by the TMO. [/b]

Actually, the majority of the English posters have been very skeptical about whether it was a try, and have congratulated South Africa on their win. It was a major incident in the game, so of course it's going to get discussed, but where does this view that we're all going to go out and make voodoo dolls of Stuart Dickinson come from? This poll wasn't even started by an Englishman!
[/b][/quote]
I suppose I am just getting my view by listening to selected forum members and some of the English media :D

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]
I suppose I am just getting my view by listening to selected forum members and some of the English media :D [/b][/quote]

I suspect the "not a try" camp is the sun, mirror and other tabloids whereas the indepencant and times have articles online about how it wasn't a try

image001.jpg

This pic is a fake!
Imo, we have to give some cameras to white paint particle!

What did the immortal Boy Louw say while refereeing a game, and one of the captains questioned his awarding of a try? "Reads about it in tomorrow`s paper boet."

I didn`t read about any tries in Sunday`s paper. From what I read, Wilko slotted 2 penalties for England, while Monty slotted 4 and Steyn 1 for SA. Try, what try?

And Stuey- yes I agree fully that the right foot is not on the ground. But that`s not the issue- we`re all looking at that left foot mate!

To be perfectly honest it doesn't matter now, very close call, the evidence points to the player being in touch but even then its not 100% conclusive...

South Africa have been the better side all tournament and deserved to win the game, at the end of the day it wasn't going to be England's Day... But it just shows that England were playing attacking Rugby and going for the game as much as South Africa... A Truly Great game of Rugby...

But it just shows that England were playing attacking Rugby and going for the game as much as South Africa [/b]

England should of stuck to a kicking game and not of got mixed up with a running game, i believe that was England's down fall. They should of stuck to the plan that always worked for them then maybe it might have been a different result. As we have all found out, if you try to play a kicking game against England jonny would most likely punish all who stands before him. But yeah my thoughts are they should of ditched the running game and went back to plan A... But who knows

*Awaits with dukes up* :ph34r:

if you try to play a kicking game against England jonny would most likely punish all who stands before him.
[/b]

I hear you, but SA isn't bad at the kicking game either. Percy Montgomery, Francois Steyn, Butch James - some deadly tactical kicking there as well.

But yes, you're right - we (SA) are much better playing a running game than a kicking one.

<div class='quotemain'>
if you try to play a kicking game against England jonny would most likely punish all who stands before him.
[/b]

I hear you, but SA isn't bad at the kicking game either. Percy Montgomery, Francois Steyn, Butch James - some deadly tactical kicking there as well.

But yes, you're right - we (SA) are much better playing a running game than a kicking one.
[/b][/quote]

South Africa came up with the better game plan then england. England kicked it but found South Africa returned it back with interest. So england resorted to having to pull out plan-b which was to run it.

Yip agreed mate My Guess is South Africa cracked there code and i kid you not that if New Zealand or Australia had of played England in the final we would of lost PERIOD* none of us have a kicking game. South Africa not only have the running game but also equipped with the boot as well. *Hats go off to S.A* :cheers:

It wasn't a try. End of story.

Can't everyone just congratulate South Africa for winning webby, and England for getting to the final against all odds.
[/b]

South Africa no doubt deserved it, but that doesnt change my opinion if its a try or not.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

South Africa came up with the better game plan then england. England kicked it but found South Africa returned it back with interest. So england resorted to having to pull out plan-b which was to run it.

Yip agreed mate My Guess is South Africa cracked there code and i kid you not that if New Zealand or Australia had of played England in the final we would of lost PERIOD* none of us have a kicking game. South Africa not only have the running game but also equipped with the boot as well. *Hats go off to S.A* :cheers:

[/b][/quote]

i think the kicking was about even from both sides, but SA benifited from it more for 2 reasons.

1. They nicked a lot of ball from the lineout, so they unlike England they could get territory AND possession.

2. England's discipline. Moody's trip and Kay's block were soft points from the SA kicking game. no pressure so why concede 3 points?

And Stuey- yes I agree fully that the right foot is not on the ground. But that`s not the issue- we`re all looking at that left foot mate!

[/b]

Erm...I just said "that foot" it was QKXV who said right foot.

I'd say the foot might have brushed the chalked grass on the way up but there is no way it is down on the ground. Does that mean try?

I think it's safe to say millimetres are important in finals.

Well, you have to remember two things:

1), Brushing the line puts you into touch (when the TMO is awake and feeling daring, but still absolutely correct).

2) This was a world cup final. Millimetres count in a final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts