• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wasps bottom of the table...

B

Bullitt

For that briefest of moments, life is sweet!

Now if you excuse me, I shall return to my hangover.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Sep 7 2008, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
For that briefest of moments, life is sweet!

Now if you excuse me, I shall return to my hangover.[/b]

Weren't they bottom at one point last season? Hope that's not a sign. It's about time the other clubs learned how to handle big games.

did anyone else go to twickers yesterday?

The Wasps game was one of the shittest I've ever seen. Wasps were abysmal. And Irish weren't too much better.

Made such a pleasant change to see some quick ball in the Sarries Quins game. Just a shame we lost.... Evans looks like the real deal.

You're the only person I've heard say that... Everyone else has told me that Bugs v Reading was an awesome game while Quins were shite and Sarries were shitter.

Sorry for Wasps

Annoying thing to lose game 26-14

Hope everything will be OK with this amazing club

wasp.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Sep 7 2008, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
did anyone else go to twickers yesterday?

The Wasps game was one of the shittest I've ever seen. Wasps were abysmal. And Irish weren't too much better.

Made such a pleasant change to see some quick ball in the Sarries Quins game. Just a shame we lost.... Evans looks like the real deal.[/b]

I was there at Twickenham and Wasps were very poor while Irish were all over them like a rash. Irish were very focused, their pack seriously surprised Wasps, Nick "MISTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" Kennedy was on fire at the line out and their backs just had echoes of Brian Smith last year by putting sustained pressure on Wasps throughout the game. Even Mike Catt didn't put a foot wrong to be honest and could justify another season playing on the field.

Ignore Mite's typically blinkered one eyed view, the Saracens - Harlequins game was pretty good. Very hard fought with the teams very finely matched. Adam Powell's made several superb breaks, one leading to a try but it was Harlequin's opportunism which won the game unfortunately. If Saracen's defense was awake in the first minute and had stopped David Strettle from going over, they would have won the game. Absolutely great to see Saracens become more enterprising in my opinion.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Sep 7 2008, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ignore Mite's typically blinkered one eyed view, the Saracens - Harlequins game was pretty good.[/b]

Hey, I didn't see either game, just what I've been told by various sorts who were there.

Hello guys,

Yeah Pretwick, the scored points speak out about the Irish motivation and Wasps' defeated soul.

despite the difference is not huge the victory is not questionable.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Sep 7 2008, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Sep 7 2008, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ignore Mite's typically blinkered one eyed view, the Saracens - Harlequins game was pretty good.[/b]

Hey, I didn't see either game, just what I've been told by various sorts who were there.
[/b][/quote]

I'd count that as either:

- Disgruntled Wasps fans.
- Other blinkered, one eyed Sinners fans.
- Irish fans soused up to the eyeballs stinking of booze :p

Yes, I think me and my counterparts supporting Quins would agree that is a very impartial sub-section of the fan community present :p

On a positive note, Sarries' junor sensations looked a lot better than the crappy London Irish dancers in their silly Permheaded outfits...

Seriously though, Wasps were awful from 1-15. Haskell was asleep all game. Lewsey spent the whole 1st half playing fullback, which meant vG was in the centre. He was rubbish.

V. impressed with Kennedy, both Armitage brothers (again) and Tagicakibau was a handful.

Catt looked poor imo.

-------

Good performance from Saracens, nice debut for Michael Owen. The backs looked slick, Ratuvou got me out of my seat whenever he got near the ball... but Scarborough and Leonelli disappointed me a little...

Care and Evans look like the best halfback combo in the GP. Turner-Hall and Tiesi both had solid games. And Strettle and Monye were impressive. Brown still looks slow, and the Quins pack played well...

We were watching the "Junior Sensations" and someone muttered "uh oh, Paul Gadd alert" in the background.

I think my mate (who hails from Morcambe) noted that these girls were like Morcambe FC's "Shrimpettes" junior cheerleading team where he then said:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
When the Shrimpettes come out, thats the que for most normal adults to leave to get drink and pies, leaving just the 16 year olds to laugh and the males over 45 to shift uncomfortably in their seats.[/b]

Never a truer word spoken IMO! :lol:

I was going to say that about Josh Lewsey too, firstly why was he at center when he was spending most of his time well back like a full back and secondly, why did the actual full back Mark Van Gisbergen decide to come all the way forward as if he was a center? Very dopey from Wasps.

Owen brought a high work rate to the table for Saracens today, if we realise that Chris Jack simply isn't a blindside flanker then we'll have a pretty good pack. The backs need to keep it calm and use their charm a bit, they were rushing everything and sadly handling errors are inevitable. However, it is better to try than regret not doing so afterwards and full marks to Powell, Sorrell and Glenda for giving the ball a good work-out.

Now, if only we can stop Glenda from trying cross field kicks 30 seconds from full time...

Latest posts