• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Watch out! It's Tah Man!

B

BLR

In breaking news the Tahs first ever mascot has been released. Not only does he apparently have a great sense of fun and loves his rugby, he also tells the kiddies to recycle!

<div align="center">
Tah_Man400.jpg
</div>

The backstory of Tah-Man is that he has been keeping an ever-watching eye on the Tahs through all thier trials and tribulations and the call was apparently put out for the need for extra energy for the Tah's 2008 season. With the deepest talent pool in Australia there was only thing that could save the 2008 season, TAH MAN!

I am sure everyone around the world eagerly awaits the day Tah Man will lead the charge and win games singlehandedly by getting the Tah crowd in a frenzy with his hip 'Tah for life' attitude. His Marvel and DC comics designed costume is sure to come in handy when reflecting the Tahs superman-like powers.

And when the game is over and the Tahs are victorious with help of the mighty Tah Man? Well the Tahs will put on thier own outfits and together with Tah Man they'll beat climate change and save the environment once and for all!

The article is below, best story I have heard all day.

http://www.super14.com/news/viewarticle.asp?id=10400

PS. I wonder if someone can get Captain Planet out of retirement as a mascot?

haha almost as bad as the warriors guy. whoever find a decent pic of the warriors guy gets a rep point. how goods that?

haha almost as bad as the warriors guy. whoever find a decent pic of the warriors guy gets a rep point. how goods that? [/b]
There is deadset no picture on the internet of the actual mascot, in the flesh, at a game! All I can find is this.
However, you didn't specify whether it had to be real or not, and this is a pretty damn good picture.
warriorsfullcolourrgblorez_small.jpg

According to an article in SMH Tah Man has a voice similar to Duff Man off the Simpsons......I tell you want...this is unbelievably awesome, I HOPE so much he comes on the trip to Subi, he will get crucified!

Update on Tah Man, about his 'inspiring' (see wanky) affect on the Tahs on the weekend. By Grumbles of course, and obviously trying to tie in something against Matt Henjak of course....apologies about the length of the story, but it's just too good to be true, they are actually trying to put this stupid mascot across as a saviour of the game in NSW...

It's Tah Man and Timana to the rescue
Greg Growden | February 18, 2008

AFTER the Matt Henjak debacle, thank heavens Tah Man and Timana Tahu reminded us that rugby can still gladden the soul. There are grand entrances, but none better than the first appearance of the Waratahs' new mascot Tah Man. The caped crusader appeared from the heavens, and with the aid of a flying fox, glided onto the Sydney Football Stadium turf on Saturday night.

The crowd pointed, and mouthed the words: 'Look up in the sky. Is it a bird? Is it a …"

The moment was dripping with drama. Were we about to see a re-enactment of the SFS rugby league grand final debacle when the on-field stage collapsed? Was this going to be the latest mid-air sporting event disaster?

Would it be like at Ballymore, where there was a run of bizarre supernatural moments, including parachutists mistiming their arrival and landing either on top of the players, the grandstand or even the goalposts? Or when ground sprinklers would mysteriously turn on in the middle of games, or fireworks displays would go crazy - one time even falling over and igniting during a Brisbane junior rugby march-past, turning the ground into a scene from Apocalypse Now.

But no - Tah Man was above all that. He landed safely, proudly showed off his pecs, and gave high fives to everyone. As the Waratahs ran out, there was Tah Man showing them the way.

Then, sadly, Tah Man wandered down the tunnel, and to the disappointment of the Waratahs players, was not sighted until much later. He was obviously doing his best up in the Members Bar. However, that won't continue, as several players were yesterday lobbying NSW team officials, demanding Tah Man be with them the whole match, scaring off intruders along the sideline for the full 80 minutes.

Their delight in having Tah Man by their side was evident when, after following their mascot's lead and muscling the Hurricanes out of the game, they met their man during the post-match warm-down.

Tah Man strode over, and, in his Duff Man voice, bellowed: "Yeah boys." "Good on ya Tah Man," replied Al Baxter.

Typically, the old fuddy duddies have already been whingeing over email to the NSW Rugby Union that Tah Man is an unnecessary distraction. But the Waratahs should ignore the moaners. The players and kiddies love Tah Man. And that's what rugby needs more of - good players and kiddies at games.

The other main Waratahs attraction also lived up to the build-up. Not much came Tahu's way on the wing. But when it did he usually did something productive. His flick pass to put Lachlan Turner away for the first try of the game will be shown regularly in highlights packages.

His bulldogging of Hurricanes fullback Cory Jane over the sideline was over the top, but had the desired effect. When Tahu had ball in hand, or in a one-on-one situation, he looked poised. No wonder there are those at Waratahland who believe Tahu will be the best of those who have come across from the league ranks.

And even Tahu could soon find himself part of the pre-game entertainment. In the match program was the most revealing fact about the league convert. Tahu is Yo-Yo Man. "You wouldn't know it but I'm good at yo-yo," Tahu explained. "Rock the cradle, round the world, walk the dog. My kids usually think I'm lame but the yo-yo gave me some respect."

Pre-match entertainment has been lame since the Pal Superdogs disappeared. So why not Tahu enthralling the crowds with his yo-yo?

And the Australian Rugby Union should think about using him and Tah Man as a tag-team rescue act. Maybe the best way to get errant bad boy Henjak back on track is to have Tah Man monstering him, and then Tahu doing round the world in the Western Force halfback's general direction.

It was just a light hearted article BLR :p...the kids and players would have loved him though. It might be a bit corny, but its all fun and games. Good read!

<div class='quotemain'> haha almost as bad as the warriors guy. whoever find a decent pic of the warriors guy gets a rep point. how goods that? [/b]
There is deadset no picture on the internet of the actual mascot, in the flesh, at a game! All I can find is this.
However, you didn't specify whether it had to be real or not, and this is a pretty damn good picture.
warriorsfullcolourrgblorez_small.jpg

[/b][/quote]

close but no. the old mascot. the one that dressed up in the uniform and had the warriors logo as a head.

Was that when NZ Warriors were known as Auckland Warriors? Cos that'll be near impossible to get!!!

It was just a light hearted article BLR :p...the kids and players would have loved him though. It might be a bit corny, but its all fun and games. Good read!
[/b]
Grumbles doesn't write light hearted articles, there is something sinister behind it....how can you love Tah Man, such a terrible mascot...

Was that when NZ Warriors were known as Auckland Warriors? Cos that'll be near impossible to get!!! [/b]

might have been, i think it was when they still had the blue jerseys, so it must have been.

<div class='quotemain'> Was that when NZ Warriors were known as Auckland Warriors? Cos that'll be near impossible to get!!! [/b]

might have been, i think it was when they still had the blue jerseys, so it must have been.

[/b][/quote]
Was it the mascot with this head?
nrl_warriors_01.gif

The folks at SMH have posted thier 'expert' (and I use that term loosely) tips on rugbyheaven and lo and behold Tah Man has been added to the tipping team! Wow, I wonder if he will ever bet against the Tahs?

I hope it gets so bad he gets the key to the city or they let him write his own column :D I suppose with the filth SMH put out it would be a step forward if anything.

http://www.rugbyheaven.com.au/tipping/index.html

Latest posts