• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wayne Barnes Retiring

I was only joking about Barnes. He is a very decent ref. However I always remember him giving Wales all the 50/50 decisions in tight Ireland vs Wales games . One in particular a few years back when Ireland had an attackimg scrum on the Wales 10 meter line and he blew a penalty to Wales and the game was over .
Joe Schmidt said he was still waiting for an answer from WB as to what the penalty was actually for ....

However I probably do have tinted glasses on and I do agree is is a good referee .

I was only joking about Barnes. He is a very decent ref. However I always remember him giving Wales all the 50/50 decisions in tight Ireland vs Wales games . One in particular a few years back when Ireland had an attackimg scrum on the Wales 10 meter line and he blew a penalty to Wales and the game was over .
Joe Schmidt said he was still waiting for an answer from WB as to what the penalty was actually for ....

However I probably do have tinted glasses on and I do agree is is a good referee .

Refereeing decisions around the scrum go squiff all the time, get over it dude Ireland are now awesome and will probably make a World Cup semi for once.

Refereeing decisions around the scrum go squiff all the time, get over it dude Ireland are now awesome and will probably make a World Cup semi for once.

Or we might not . We could face New Zealand or a powerful Boks and go home with our tails between our legs .

Something tells me a RWC QF wasn't how he wanted to go out ;)
An Ireland grand slam is much rarer than a world cup final too, great way for him to bow out!

Ireland are also unleashing our next desperate ref on international rugby. Andrew Brace yourselves.

Latest posts