• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wayne Barnes Retiring

Tranceformer

Academy Player
Reaction score
I was only joking about Barnes. He is a very decent ref. However I always remember him giving Wales all the 50/50 decisions in tight Ireland vs Wales games . One in particular a few years back when Ireland had an attackimg scrum on the Wales 10 meter line and he blew a penalty to Wales and the game was over .
Joe Schmidt said he was still waiting for an answer from WB as to what the penalty was actually for ....

However I probably do have tinted glasses on and I do agree is is a good referee .

bushytop

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

Wales

Club or Nation

London Welsh

I was only joking about Barnes. He is a very decent ref. However I always remember him giving Wales all the 50/50 decisions in tight Ireland vs Wales games . One in particular a few years back when Ireland had an attackimg scrum on the Wales 10 meter line and he blew a penalty to Wales and the game was over .
Joe Schmidt said he was still waiting for an answer from WB as to what the penalty was actually for ....

However I probably do have tinted glasses on and I do agree is is a good referee .
Refereeing decisions around the scrum go squiff all the time, get over it dude Ireland are now awesome and will probably make a World Cup semi for once.

Tranceformer

Academy Player
Reaction score

Refereeing decisions around the scrum go squiff all the time, get over it dude Ireland are now awesome and will probably make a World Cup semi for once.
Or we might not . We could face New Zealand or a powerful Boks and go home with our tails between our legs .

TheOvalBall

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

South Africa

Club or Nation

France

Nigel Owens still refereeing.

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

The lord giveth and the lord taketh away

The Alpha Bro

Fat Boi
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

Ireland

Club or Nation

Leinster

Something tells me a RWC QF wasn't how he wanted to go out ;)
An Ireland grand slam is much rarer than a world cup final too, great way for him to bow out!

Ireland are also unleashing our next desperate ref on international rugby. Andrew Brace yourselves.