• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

WCC

If you look, you'll notice there is a thread called "Brisbane Broncos v St Helens Saint" that was created late last year, and has ran 3 pages. But i guess you just might want to start afresh, so here goes.

The Broncos have a full strength team, bar David Stagg.

The only thing St Helens will have over Brisbane is match fitness, and if there is a difference then it will be a very small one and will most likely not show through, but if it does then it'll be towards the end of the game when we are 20 points up.

You can't really expect to out gun a full strength Broncos side unless luck is on you're side, but come to think of it, St Helens will have climate and crowds to their advantage. However, teams from QLD thrive from underdog status and could very well spur them on...wait a sec...are they underdogs??? I don't think so actually lol but yeah...conditions and crowd are against em but we'll be right!!!

GO THE BRONCOS!

oooh - a thread last year, plus nothing about this game currently in the NH and SL section, yeah i might just want to start a new thread on THE event of the weekend...anyway here goes:

IMHO despite the injuries, recent couple games and Daniel Anderson's fretting I think Saints will get this one as well - hopefully Scully and Cunningham can still make it however doubtful that may be.

oooh - a thread last year, plus nothing about this game currently in the NH and SL section, yeah i might just want to start a new thread on THE event of the weekend...anyway here goes:[/b]

How about you look harder.

You said there is nothing about this game currently in the NH and SL section after i said there was. Pure stupidity. Its in the "NRL and SH Internationals" forum, and there is a top down the bottom that is called "Brisbane Broncos v St Helens Saints". I already brought this to your attention quite politely, but you decided to disregard it and rudely say that it isnt there. I was originally only trying to help you and you decide to go against me. BAH!

Brisbane Broncos v St Helens Saints (in the NRL and SH internationals section, which you believe doesn't exist)

Yes :D

I have a thing where everything must be correct, if it isn't then i'm unhappy lol. At times its quite a flaw, but at other times it comes in handy. I think its a slight bit of autism in me, as my brother is Autistic, and thats a characteristic of some autistic children (among other things of course).

OK - I said there was NOTHING about the WCC in the section that I like to post in - THAT SECTION IS CALLED THE NH AND SL SECTION - OK.

You said there is nothing about this game currently in the NH and SL section [/b]
THAT IS VERY MUCH TRUE

IF YOU'RE SO CONCERNED ABOUT GETTING EVERYTHING RIGHT, THEN MAYBE YOU SHOULD MORE CAREFULLY READ SOMEONE'S RESPONSE AND MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT HAS BEEN POSTED AND REFRAIN FROM YOUR IGNORANT PERSONAL ATTACKS

WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM ANYWAY!? THE THREAD IN THE NRL SECTION HASN'T EVEN BEEN USED IN OVER THREE WEEKS, I GUESS NOBODY CARES ABOUT TOMORROW'S GAME.

MAYBE YOU DON'T REALIZE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SL - WHICH STANDS FOR SUPER LEAGUE AND SH - WHICH IS THE ABBREVIATION FOR SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE AND THAT IS THE SOURCE OF YOUR CONFUSION

it be a tough game for both of the teams.
both teams as got key players for me it be

Sts :
Wellens , Scully , Pryce And about 2 more

Broncos :
Lockyer ,
Dont know many but there is many more key players

OK - I said there was NOTHING about the WCC in the section that I like to post in - THAT SECTION IS CALLED THE NH AND SL SECTION - OK.

You said there is nothing about this game currently in the NH and SL section [/b]
THAT IS VERY MUCH TRUE

IF YOU'RE SO CONCERNED ABOUT GETTING EVERYTHING RIGHT, THEN MAYBE YOU SHOULD MORE CAREFULLY READ SOMEONE'S RESPONSE AND MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT HAS BEEN POSTED AND REFRAIN FROM YOUR IGNORANT PERSONAL ATTACKS

WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM ANYWAY!? THE THREAD IN THE NRL SECTION HASN'T EVEN BEEN USED IN OVER THREE WEEKS, I GUESS NOBODY CARES ABOUT TOMORROW'S GAME.

MAYBE YOU DON'T REALIZE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SL - WHICH STANDS FOR SUPER LEAGUE AND SH - WHICH IS THE ABBREVIATION FOR SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE AND THAT IS THE SOURCE OF YOUR CONFUSION [/b]

No need to shout now!!!

Settle Petal. And I'm quite aware of what SL and SH stand for, and i think you know that i do aswell...ineffective personal attack. Mine was greater :)

This discussion (discussion on my end, but argument on yours as you decided 2 yell) is now over. no more about this.

Go the Broncos!!!

I really hope they can win for the sake of Darren Lockyer because he won:-
  • State of Origin with Queensland as captian
  • NRL Premiership with Brisbane Broncos as captain
  • Tri Series with Australian as captain
If he can win the World Cup Challenge with the Broncos as captain then it will be Rugby League's grand-slam of sorts. To win state of origin, a premiership, the tri series, and the world club challenge, all in succession, is the absolute defining moment of an illustrious career. It has never been done before, and it most likely won't happen again for quite a while. If everything goes right for Lockyer, then this moment will be talked about by league circles for years to come. It will definately be a very special occassion. Good luck locky.

we'll see about that so-called grand slam...anyway i hope Saints can spoil the party and place this last piece of silverware in it's rightful trophy cabinet - any other result would be the consequence of a much depleted squad, good news though that cunningham might be fully fit for this one...gonna take off early today for this one.

I`m only going to say this once "Cmon Saints" , god that was hard to say ;)
No really, come on Saints, do UK RL proud.

Jeff

Saints 18-14 winners - what a comeback and finish by Saints - what a leap, catch and try by Gardner! How well they did to hang on and defend till the end ! Superb finish, congratulations to Daniel Anderson and the team. They have done British RL proud.

The Broncos lack of match practice cost them in the end. They certainly weren't as hungry as the red and white team (can't remember their name).

Unless they decide to alternate countries for this game I think it's time they scrap it. I'm sick of getting up at 6am to see against the odds Australian teams losing to inferior opposition. Imagine what the scoreline would look like if an English team came to Australia 3 games into our season without any real preparation.

jeffb that picture in your sig must be the shitest view in a sports ground in the world! 8 columns and a floodlight pylon or radio mast thing to contend with!

PS Well done to the saints for doing Britain proud!

The Broncos lack of match practice cost them in the end. They certainly weren't as hungry as the red and white team (can't remember their name).

Unless they decide to alternate countries for this game I think it's time they scrap it. I'm sick of getting up at 6am to see against the odds Australian teams losing to inferior opposition. Imagine what the scoreline would look like if an English team came to Australia 3 games into our season without any real preparation. [/b]

I agree with Wally. Saints would have been flogged if it was in Australia and during the NRL season. It should be changed. Sick of waking early in the morning to british bs. :)

Congrats to St Helens though, they would have played their hearts out.

<div class='quotemain'> The Broncos lack of match practice cost them in the end. They certainly weren't as hungry as the red and white team (can't remember their name).

Unless they decide to alternate countries for this game I think it's time they scrap it. I'm sick of getting up at 6am to see against the odds Australian teams losing to inferior opposition. Imagine what the scoreline would look like if an English team came to Australia 3 games into our season without any real preparation. [/b]

It should be changed. Sick of waking early in the morning to british bs. :)[/b][/quote]
I'd rather listen to dying unicorns then have to put up with that commentary.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> The Broncos lack of match practice cost them in the end. They certainly weren't as hungry as the red and white team (can't remember their name).

It should be changed. Sick of waking early in the morning to british bs. :) [/b][/quote]
I'd rather listen to dying unicorns then have to put up with that commentary. [/b][/quote]

Haha yeah. I reckon when Rabbits (Ray Warren) retires, some english boffin with half a brain will fork out truckloads of money for Rabbits to teach the english commentators how to actually commentate whilst providing entertainment and insight!

jeffb that picture in your sig must be the shitest view in a sports ground in the world! 8 columns and a floodlight pylon or radio mast thing to contend with!

So i take it you never went to Cennie Park then ;) :bleh!:

Jeff

Latest posts