• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

WCR on Xbox... £4.99 in Toys R US!!!

L

locksley

It's true!!! I bought four copies for my mates at the Warrington store yesterday!

Why is this game so ridiculously cheap?

Originally posted by locksley@Sep 18 2004, 01:03 AM
It's true!!! I bought four copies for my mates at the Warrington store yesterday!

I'd say no one wants it... It seriously lacked deapth and I contemplated selling it after a month myself to be honest.

Originally posted by sanzar+Sep 18 2004, 01:54 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Sep 18 2004, 01:54 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-locksley
@Sep 18 2004, 01:03 AM
It's true!!!  I bought four copies for my mates at the Warrington store yesterday!

I'd say no one wants it... It seriously lacked deapth and I contemplated selling it after a month myself to be honest. [/b]
If I'm honest with myself, I too am more disappointed with every game of WCR I play!

The defence in 2 player is seriously lacking, and your computer controlled team mates defensive AI is terrible..... they don't make a tackle! You have to do it all!

Options. Yes.
Lay out. Yes.
Licenses. Yes.
Depth. Yes.
Moves. Yes.
Gameplay. I'm afraid to say it but yes.

Originally posted by Wally@Sep 18 2004, 02:44 PM
Options. Yes.
Lay out. Yes.
Licenses. Yes.
Depth. Yes.
Moves. Yes.
Gameplay. I'm afraid to say it but yes.
I don't know about you, but I thought the layout in Rugby 2004 was utterly attrocious! It was alot clearer and easier to deal with in WCR and you didn't have to start channel surfing just to pass time while waiting for a match to load either (ala R2k4).
Gameplay is the other contensious issue. True R2k4 had alot more deapth, however, it also had a **** load more bugs and it was just WAY to easy to score tries with simple things like cut out passes back in from the wing... the kicking was absolutely shocking and completely inaccessable (adversly WCR's was probably too easy!) and the passing animation took way too long to complete...

2004's gameplay was bad but atleast it made an effort to give something. In WCR there was nothing. It felt like you were playing Cartoon Network.

Originally posted by Wally@Sep 18 2004, 10:54 AM
I still say Rugby 2004 was better.
*falls off chair*

Rugby 2004 was one of the worst games you'll ever see!

Which probably means that World Championship Rugby was the worst game you'll ever see.

Originally posted by Wally@Sep 18 2004, 04:42 PM
2004's gameplay was bad but atleast it made an effort to give something. In WCR there was nothing. It felt like you were playing Cartoon Network.
Not really, it just felt like you were playing the 'Timezone' version of a rugby game... It just felt overly arcade like, but thats what swordfish wanted to do!
As for HB "at least making an effort"... well thats sort of like getting your girlfriend a really cheap and **** valentines day present and arguing "it's the thought that counts".

Originally posted by Wally@Sep 20 2004, 10:21 AM
Which probably means that World Championship Rugby was the worst game you'll ever see.
Far, far from it...

Originally posted by locksley@Sep 17 2004, 02:03 PM

Jesus, not been in that shop for years.

Originally posted by Wally@Sep 20 2004, 10:21 AM
Have to agree.......

Rugby 2004 was a extremely poor, poor game - but I'd rather play that (or swallow razors..) then play WC rugby..............

Put it this way I struggled to play rugby 2004 for about a day before I threw it against a concrete wall, but with WC rugby I probably persisted for about 3 hours before being violently ill..............

I don't get it. I enjoyed the hell out of playing WCR. Definitely more so than Rugby 2004. Yes, this is in past tense as my PS2 is England along with the games.

I feel that the issue of licenses can't enter into it as they were tied up with EA at the time. Hopefully, this will change, and it's definitely an argument for WCR2 -- if they get licenses or not.

It looks better, it runs more smooth -- and it is a fantastic platform for them to only move upwards (hopefully) with the second installment.

You lot are always naysaying! You create something like inward singing!

Originally posted by captainamerica@Oct 16 2004, 06:13 AM
You lot are always naysaying! You create something like inward singing!
Touche.

cock push-ups anyone?

at the beginning i appreciated a lot wcr , especially after that full flop which r2k4 was!
but tryin to play it seriously it showed a lots of gaps...about RUGBY RULES TOO!!!!!
and then have u evr tried to play against a mate of yours who plays with england? its really impossible to win!!
i m enjoyin my sjrl game now and i hope the sidhe will create a game for union too,or at least ea sports and swordfish or whoever else should correct themselves.
My opinion. cheers

I really enjoyed the scrum system of button mashing in the game, because I was able to completely dominate my friend with cheap tactics. If there was ever an option for it, I'd go scrum. And boy, did it **** him off. Especially when I had to take the kick off, I was guaranteed the ball by kicking the ball out on the full and obliterating his scrum. I've never seen someone get so agro over a game feature. That ability to absolutely frustrate him made WCR more fun than 2004 for me.

Latest posts