Wcr V Rug 2005

Discussion in 'Rugby Video Games & Apps' started by sackman, Feb 4, 2005.

1. sackman

sackman Guest

Could some one who has any experiance of rugby 2005 , please compare the gameplay to that of wcr wich i thought was very smooth and good,

Thanks alot

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. sanzar

sanzar Guest

Well although I haven't played 2005, it seems it will be more of a Rugby sim that tries to make the game feel like Rugby Union... WCR on the other hand was a button bashing arcade style of game with absolutely no deapth in gameplay and did very little to give one the feeling they were playing a "rugby" game...

Basically Rugby 2005 will be nothing like WCR... and thank god!

4. Like the right honourable Sanzar, I too have not played Rugby 2005, but from the looks of it, EA have taken on board the idea that a rugby game should be fairly fluid in regards to gameplay -- something that, button bashing aside, WCR had in quantity.

5. sanzar

sanzar Guest

Perhaps that was a bit harsh [​IMG] ... Your right WCR was very fluid in it's passing.

6. [​IMG]
    Only standing up to what I thought was/is a very fun game.

Roll on Rugby 2005.

Roll on WCR2.

Let's see what happens.

7. sanzar

sanzar Guest

It was fun for me too at first... But you have to understand I'm a button Basher from the old school [​IMG] (all those days playing games like SF2) and as a result found the game pretty easy... In fact beating the All Stars mode with every team only took me 2 days, due to the fact that every scrum I got I won! I mean, I was smashing the All Stars team at the scrum on their feed with bloody Namibia!!! and the line outs become predictable to a large extent as well... That coupled with forwards slower than a sumo going up the wrong side of an escalator clogging up the back line and shocking goal kicking sorta got on my nerves...
    I hate to say it, but I actually played Rugby 2004 for longer!

But you do have every right to stick up for it Capt [​IMG]

Still I am really keen to see how they improve on it with WCR2!

It's gonna be a great year for us footy fans! We have Rugby 2005, WCR2 and RL2 (possibly) comming out this year.

8. viperun

viperun Guest

I think that Rugby 05 will set the benchmark for all rugby games.

9. Gay-Guy

Gay-Guy Guest

I certainly hope so considering the current benchmark was a game released in '96.

10. '97.

Sorry to be pedantic.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!