• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wcr V Rug 2005

S

sackman

Could some one who has any experiance of rugby 2005 , please compare the gameplay to that of wcr wich i thought was very smooth and good,

Thanks alot

Originally posted by sackman@Feb 5 2005, 09:14 AM
Could some one who has any experiance of rugby 2005 , please compare the gameplay to that of wcr wich i thought was very smooth and good,

Thanks alot
Well although I haven't played 2005, it seems it will be more of a Rugby sim that tries to make the game feel like Rugby Union... WCR on the other hand was a button bashing arcade style of game with absolutely no deapth in gameplay and did very little to give one the feeling they were playing a "rugby" game...

Basically Rugby 2005 will be nothing like WCR... and thank god!

Like the right honourable Sanzar, I too have not played Rugby 2005, but from the looks of it, EA have taken on board the idea that a rugby game should be fairly fluid in regards to gameplay -- something that, button bashing aside, WCR had in quantity.

Originally posted by captainamerica@Feb 5 2005, 11:16 AM
Like the right honourable Sanzar, I too have not played Rugby 2005, but from the looks of it, EA have taken on board the idea that a rugby game should be fairly fluid in regards to gameplay -- something that, button bashing aside, WCR had in quantity.
Perhaps that was a bit harsh
<
... Your right WCR was very fluid in it's passing.

Originally posted by sanzar+Feb 5 2005, 11:25 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Feb 5 2005, 11:25 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-captainamerica
@Feb 5 2005, 11:16 AM
<
... Your right WCR was very fluid in it's passing. [/b]
<

Only standing up to what I thought was/is a very fun game.

Roll on Rugby 2005.

Roll on WCR2.

Let's see what happens.

Originally posted by captainamerica+Feb 5 2005, 11:28 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Feb 5 2005, 11:28 AM)</div>
Originally posted by sanzar@Feb 5 2005, 11:25 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-captainamerica
@Feb 5 2005, 11:16 AM

<
... Your right WCR was very fluid in it's passing.
<

Only standing up to what I thought was/is a very fun game.

Roll on Rugby 2005.

Roll on WCR2.

Let's see what happens. [/b]
It was fun for me too at first... But you have to understand I'm a button Basher from the old school
<
(all those days playing games like SF2) and as a result found the game pretty easy... In fact beating the All Stars mode with every team only took me 2 days, due to the fact that every scrum I got I won! I mean, I was smashing the All Stars team at the scrum on their feed with bloody Namibia!!! and the line outs become predictable to a large extent as well... That coupled with forwards slower than a sumo going up the wrong side of an escalator clogging up the back line and shocking goal kicking sorta got on my nerves...
I hate to say it, but I actually played Rugby 2004 for longer!

But you do have every right to stick up for it Capt
<

Still I am really keen to see how they improve on it with WCR2!

It's gonna be a great year for us footy fans! We have Rugby 2005, WCR2 and RL2 (possibly) comming out this year.

Originally posted by viperun@Feb 6 2005, 07:20 PM
I think that Rugby 05 will set the benchmark for all rugby games.
I certainly hope so considering the current benchmark was a game released in '96.

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+Feb 7 2005, 12:25 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Feb 7 2005, 12:25 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-viperun
@Feb 6 2005, 07:20 PM
I think that Rugby 05 will set the benchmark for all rugby games.
I certainly hope so considering the current benchmark was a game released in '96. [/b]
'97.

Sorry to be pedantic.

Latest posts