• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wellington Sevens 2008

G

Gay-Guy

Well Samoa will play NZ in one hour....NZ beat Samoa in the pools...however Samoa have come back and beaten Fiji in the quarters and Tonga (Surprisingly beat South Africa in the quarters) in the semis. NZ beat Wales in the quarters and Australia in the semi to make the final

USA beat Kenya to take the shield.

England who have had a shocking pool outcome are now playing Argentina in the plate final.

Yep. Watching it now. Was gutted USA got that late penalty try to win, always good to see Kenya win in Wellington.

NZ should stroll through really, there try lines been breached just twice (I think) in the whole tourney. Wouldn't mind seeing the Samoans take it out though, as long as it's all good fun.

Did anyone see the ref on the top of the screen when the us no.11 sprinted? he was going faster than the player lol.

Anywayz I think it could be a hard game for Nz because theres always the chance of one of our players being sent off for ill discipline.

Yep. Watching it now. Was gutted USA got that late penalty try to win, always good to see Kenya win in Wellington.

NZ should stroll through really, there try lines been breached just twice (I think) in the whole tourney. Wouldn't mind seeing the Samoans take it out though, as long as it's all good fun. [/b]

That try by USA was so OFFSIDE! The two USA players were offside by ten and 15 metres! No one saw it!!!

NZ will beat Samoa because Samoa are the servants of NZ rugby haha! NZ won the world sevens last year because Samoa denied Fiji victory points in the Welly and Hong Kong tournaments and sent them packing again in the quarter final.

17-17 - 4 Minutes left to play...

Why the f*** can't we find a decent goal kicker? My Grandma who has a false hip could've kicked that first conversion.

Yeap ***ch is the man! one of the most oustanding coaches ever!

Final was a great one, tense right down till the last minute. Pesamino is one quick mother!! lol

It was a great tournament overall imo. Loved all the upsets!

Yeah Vito is a beast and I swore I could have been mistaken for thinking Jonah Lomu scored NZ's first try. He will be a great no.8 in no time at all. Kind of reminds me of Liam Messam except with less pace but WAY more power.

Tonga (Surprisingly beat South Africa in the quarters)
[/b]
that wasn't a surprise at all! :lol: :lol:

i was at the 7s, it was an awesome atmosphere, i think i watched only one game the wholoe time i was there :lol: the tonga semi against samoa.

Yeah Vito is a beast and I swore I could have been mistaken for thinking Jonah Lomu scored NZ's first try. He will be a great no.8 in no time at all. Kind of reminds me of Liam Messam except with less pace but WAY more power. [/b]

Vito is quicker than Messam.

Yeah on the news, they said Vito's speed test were better than some of the winger's in the S14!

going by his interviews he's not keen to play on the wings.. BUT he did pretty much say, he'd do whatever the coaches wanted him to do to get into the S14. his first try in the final was awesome! definately reminded me of jonah.. can't wait to see him in the NPC.

i really wish 7s was better advertised. i only hear of it when england nearly do well... then lose.

just saw a clip of the match. no one was offside or near offsides. you're right. no one saw it. There was nothing to see.

Mike Palefau was the player chasing after the ball. He's fast. Maybe faster than anyone the kiwis can provide. In practice after 5 or 6 100 meter sprints he beats Ngwenya. In high school he(Palefau) ran a 10.4 100 meters which I believe is faster than Doug Howlett ran. He wasn't offsides.

About the ref running faster than Todd Clever. Anyone can. Although its strange that they have trouble tackling him, for crying out loud he's a yoga instructor as his full time job.

Latest posts