• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wendell's a W*nker

Yeah ak47,

I enjoyed reading your post. You made some really good points about double-standards. But you're smart and you've been around - I am sure that you know about lots of other double-standards that exist. They are just a part of life I guess.

The rugby administrators want certain things from their players and they want to portray their sport in a particular light so as to attract the right kind of attention. The attention that gets new players and corporate sponsorship.

The record labels want different things from their musicians. They want crazy attention - scandals, drugs, sex, anything that gets people talking, and more importantly buying their product.

Therefore that particular double-standard will always exist.

I feel for Wendell Sailor - I am not a vengeful person and even though I was never his biggest fan I know it must destroy him to know that his rugby career is about to end. He must also be feeling the pain of knowing that people that relied on him have been seriously let-down.

He must also be worried about his future and that of his family's future that are depending on him.

One mistake (okay a few I guess) and bang! His career ends. It does seem harsh but the alternative is far worse.

man that was embarassing for him...imagine him infront of his grandchildren..

"well..i retired from rugby..."

"how grandpa?"

"coke...i sniffed some cocaine."

well i would imagine kaftka in sailors shoes, when the media caught up with him.

"hmm its me wendell sailors brother..see i have hair!*"

*homers impersonation accent

Can I just say why Sailor's job should include drug testing, and why there seems to be double standards. As he is in a 'performance' job, which entails performing at a high level. Also he is getting a lot of money for what he does and the money should be enough of a deterrent away from bad things.

However I feel there should be drug testing in all part's in all of society. Why should some High city lawyer who snorts lines on a night out get no punishment whatsoever. They are in a positon of power, so just because there job doesn't get testing, means they shouldn't be found out.

So I say to all those who are defending the man, if getting paid for playing the sport he is meant to love is not enough of deterrent from drugs. Then yes, he should be banned for life.

BM

I know someone in my spouse's company in America who failed a random drug test and was sacked. He was an executive.

Originally posted by Black-Monday@May 19 2006, 02:42 PM
Can I just say why Sailor's job should include drug testing, and why there seems to be double standards. As he is in a 'performance' job, which entails performing at a high level. Also he is getting a lot of money for what he does and the money should be enough of a deterrent away from bad things.

However I feel there should be drug testing in all part's in all of society. Why should some High city lawyer who snorts lines on a night out get no punishment whatsoever. They are in a positon of power, so just because there job doesn't get testing, means they shouldn't be found out.

So I say to all those who are defending the man, if getting paid for playing the sport he is meant to love is not enough of deterrent from drugs. Then yes, he should be banned for life.

BM
Keep in mind that there are legal drugs out there as well. I'm not condoning illegal drug taking, and of all people Sailor is the last person I would stand up for but having all people subject to drug testing is a bit harsh and hypocritical. Is a shaman taking Peyotl for spiritual purposes as bad as a drunk driver...or a smoker for that matter?

Second positive drug test for Sailor
09 June 2006 
By JACQUELIN MAGNAY
Sydney Morning Herald

SYDNEY: The second of Wendell Sailor's urine samples has tested positive to the banned stimulant cocaine.

After a week of conjecture that there had been a problem with the testing process, sources have confirmed to the SMH that Sailor's B sample (the second half of the original urine sample provided on Easter Sunday) has mirrored the original cocaine result.

The former Wallabies winger was originally tested after playing for the NSW Waratahs against the Brumbies on April 16 and was informed of the positive A sample on May 12, the night before a crucial game against the Hurricanes. He subsequently missed the match.

The dual international will now have to accept the laboratory findings and face an automatic two-year career-ending suspension, or he can choose to fight the positive doping charge before a drugs tribunal.

The findings have dashed hope of Sailor, a former rugby league Test player, claiming there was a mistake in testing procedures.
[/b]

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3695055a1823,00.html

just thought some people might like to know :) hope he goes to nfl that would be funny

As the song by Arrested Development (how appropriate) goes:

Mr Wendall.........ahahahaaaaaaa!!!!!! :lol:

Well i thought it would be true but you know the old saying guilty until proven other wise

Bad luck wendell

Latest posts