TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
_52736285_011985690-1.jpg

West Ham have parted company with manager Avram Grant after a 3-2 defeat at fellow strugglers Wigan sealed their relegation from the Premier League.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13404955.stm

How he managed to take West Ham from being 2-0 today and having a chance of surviving to losing 3-2 in the last minute was baffling.

How he kept Scott Parker on the bench was even more.

I wouldn't be surprised if he agent hasn't a few calls tonight already. He literally carried that team - if it wasn't for him they would have been relegated long ago. Good to see the Olympic stadium will go to good use in the Championship!

I wouldn't be surprised if he agent hasn't a few calls tonight already. He literally carried that team - if it wasn't for him they would have been relegated long ago. Good to see the Olympic stadium will go to good use in the Championship!

No he didn't. That would have been weird.

No he didn't. That would have been weird.

Yeah I do have a bad habit for hyperbole sometimes :p However, on a serious note, Scott Parker carrying all other 10 players in a large rucksack, alone, would probably be a better team than West Ham United without Scott Parker.

Yeah I do have a bad habit for hyperbole sometimes :p However, on a serious note, Scott Parker carrying all other 10 players in a large rucksack, alone, would probably be a better team than West Ham United without Scott Parker.

Yeah was only messin' with you, he's been pretty immense all season. It's a shame he's not a year or two younger otherwise I think both United and Liverpool would be interested. Fantastic player.

Yeah I was having this exact discussion with my housemates earlier. Being 30 its hard to see him going from West Ham for anything more than £10m, or even half of that. Purely because of his age you can't really see any of the top teams (Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal) really being interested. Redknapp has stated his admiration for Parker on numerous occasions this season so Tottenham would probably be the highest placed team you would expect to take a punt, apart from maybe Liverpool; but I believe that their policy now is to promote youth (seen in the way that Flanagan, Robinson, Shelvey and Spearing are prominent at the moment) and with Gerrard coming back from injury next season as well as having in-form Maxi and Lucas, plus the assumed transfer interest still in Charlie Adam, you wouldn't really see him featuring in their plans - especially with their incredible lack of width that should be addressed immediately.

Either that or he goes to one of the promoted clubs. Could imagine him fitting in well at Swansea if they went up.

Doubt Swansea would be even to afford his wages or even foot the transfer bill.

Could see him at Newcastle, Fulham or Stoke, those I think are more likely destinations, but would love to see him at the Swans.

Yeah to be fair his wages would be probably too much for Swans to meet, and they seem quite keen on keeping Borini if they go up which is probably what they need since their other center-forwards aren't great. 2nd leg of the play-off semi-final is on tonight so c'mon the swans!

Aye indeed c'mon the Swans, id like to see an all Welsh Championship Final at Wembley ... could you imagine it :lol:

QPR aren't exactly strapped for cash you know. I think we may see a cheeky bid in there for Mr Scotty Parker. I think his best bet is one of the clubs that he can spend the rest of his career at, a team guaranteed to secure him top-flight football for at least the next 2 or 3 seasons, so someone like Stoke or Sunderland, maybe Aston Villa. With Ashley Young set to be on his way they need some-one to lead the midfield, he can't really replace him though as they play different positions. And with this post I bring news that Steve McLaren has said the job is not for him: at least the West Ham fans can be happy about something.

Latest posts