• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

West Ham VS Millwall

I wouldn't object in the slightest if the riot police laid into them and anyone who takes a smack at the police. Year in Zero tolerance on the hooligans is the way to go.

Here's a lovely quote from some guy on youtube commenting on a Westham video;

"Come on boys dont let the english down. Have it out tonight and show the rest of the world hooliganism is still alive and kicking in england. IM COMING OVER FROM BLACKBURN JUST FOR A BASHUP DONT EVEN SUPPORT EITHER TEAM."

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Aug 25 2009, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I wouldn't object in the slightest if the riot police laid into them and anyone who takes a smack at the police. Year in Zero tolerance on the hooligans is the way to go.

"Come on boys dont let the english down. Have it out tonight and show the rest of the world hooliganism is still alive and kicking in england. IM COMING OVER FROM BLACKBURN JUST FOR A BASHUP DONT EVEN SUPPORT EITHER TEAM."[/b]

That just sums up the minority of people in football. Films like Football Factory etc hardly help as people watch it and want to emulate it. They are tarnishing 90% of fans who pay good money to watch a game of football. Happens at most derbies, I'm sure the Cardiff and Swansea lads can testify when they play each other. Same in Bristol when the City play Rovers. Plod all over the place.

I do agree with your point. However normal people would complain if the police were seen to attack these thugs. It's not the polices way here.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Aug 25 2009, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Aug 25 2009, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"Come on boys dont let the english down. Have it out tonight and show the rest of the world hooliganism is still alive and kicking in england. IM COMING OVER FROM BLACKBURN JUST FOR A BASHUP DONT EVEN SUPPORT EITHER TEAM."[/b]

That just sums up the minority of people in football. Films like Football Factory etc hardly help as people watch it and want to emulate it. They are tarnishing 90% of fans who pay good money to watch a game of football. Happens at most derbies, I'm sure the Cardiff and Swansea lads can testify when they play each other. Same in Bristol when the City play Rovers. Plod all over the place.

I do agree with your point. However normal people would complain if the police were seen to attack these thugs. It's not the polices way here.
[/b][/quote]

I totally agree, that people would complain if the police laid into the thugs

meanwhile, Normal people are attacked by the thugs, To quote the original article.
Another fan said: "I was in a throng walking up and a group of hooligans came for us.

"The police wanted to help but they were clearly afraid to use force. I am still shaking. I thought I was going to die."

And I have no doubt that more innocent people will be beaten up tonight than thugs arrested.

Why am I not surprised that West Ham Millwall escalates into violence and hooliganism? Anyway, the guy who was stabbed is in a stable condition apparently.

I'd love to try and emulate Green Street, I mean I could easily steal a lorry, drive it to Manchester, attack a large mob of manc fans and then hide behind the police when they arrive and make it back to London for tea.

Interesting ting is the art of timing.

On Saturday after the Saints v Roth game, I was sitting in the garden of the nearby rugby-pub playing cards. At around 6pm, the local football louts came strolling in, hurling abuse at anyone wearing a rugby shirt and causing general mischief.

I'm not proud to admit it, but I actually know a couple of them.

Anyhew, it was interesting as I was chatting to a friend about my cousin when one of them injected his opinion of "I know him, he's a c***". I stopped the conversation, looked straight at him (with his smug grin, cocaine-widened-pupils, stupid hoodie n'all) and said "oi, that's my cousin you're talking about". (Being a bigish fellow, I can get away with that more then I should - Ask St. Helens what I'm like!)

Oddly enough, the cocky hoodlum (on his own) went very sheepish as he had none of his so-called mates to back him up, which sums them up perfectly. As already said, most of them these days are kids who do it for the "scene" and seem to think they're cool because of one too many Nick Love/Danny Dyer movies.

The old school hooligans at least only fight with other thugs, away from built up areas and homes - While that's still not acceptable, at least they understand what they're doing and keep it to themselves. The new generation really don't give a toss and think giving anyone "who ain't one of them" a smack is their way to gain 'respect'. (This links in with the chav youth culture that mimics LA 'gangsters' on several levels, but that's a complete thesis for another day).

Still, thank god for soccer. Because if it didn't exist, these shits would be attending the rugby.

And this certainly puts the Bloodgate scandal into perspective.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
And this certainly puts the Bloodgate scandal into perspective.[/b]

In a roundabout way, I'm sure the RFU are delighted about this.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Aug 26 2009, 12:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
And this certainly puts the Bloodgate scandal into perspective.[/b]

In a roundabout way, I'm sure the RFU are delighted about this.
[/b][/quote]

It's like a gift from god in diverting attention!

ah as soon as I saw they were playing each other I thought ''bet there'll be trouble''.
ah this is the reason why football ****** me off, or more wht people do in the name of it. I mean some of my mates are die-hard City fans, and can get aggressive (or at least after a drink or two) but they'd never be stupid enough to do stuff like this. It's just ridiculous.
Mite has pretty much summed it up, you've got younger people (around my age <_< ) deciding to be 'hard' and try to start on anyone. I go to Barry (the one from Gavin and Stacey) a lot because my school is there and loads of my friends live there, but you get loads of idiots there who act like they own the place. My friend told me about how a group of boys around 13 years old tried to start a fight with my group for no reason. They were chucking carrots and stuff, nd started quoting stuff from Green Street like ''Stand your Ground and Fight!''
Bunch of f**king chavvy idiots <_<

Just wondering but have Milwall ever played a game in front of an audience at their home ground? Do their fans even know where their home ground is? Seems like a waste of money buying season tickets to (not) watch your team at home.

A few years back I met a former Chelsea Headhunter who had since renounced his wretched ways and decided to go straight and narrow, was involved in running a fanzine or something rather than beating people up. One thing he couldn't get rid of though were all the horrible piercings and tattoos that you have to get as a member.

For one man, he may be out of the game but the scars will stay with him forever.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Aug 26 2009, 12:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
ah as soon as I saw they were playing each other I thought ''bet there'll be trouble''.
ah this is the reason why football ****** me off, or more wht people do in the name of it. I mean some of my mates are die-hard City fans, and can get aggressive (or at least after a drink or two) but they'd never be stupid enough to do stuff like this. It's just ridiculous.
Mite has pretty much summed it up, you've got younger people (around my age <_< ) deciding to be 'hard' and try to start on anyone. I go to Barry (the one from Gavin and Stacey) a lot because my school is there and loads of my friends live there, but you get loads of idiots there who act like they own the place. My friend told me about how a group of boys around 13 years old tried to start a fight with my group for no reason. They were chucking carrots and stuff, nd started quoting stuff from Green Street like ''Stand your Ground and Fight!''
Bunch of f**king chavvy idiots <_<[/b]

Its partly the image, promoted by films like Football Factory, that glorifies hooligansim and makes seem like a good idea. And it's also that these kid's parents were involved when hooliganism was big in the 80's.

Every club has these , to put it bluntly, *****. Just certain clubs have a reputation that precedes them. Millwall and Cardiff being two of them.