• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wh00t! My first lottery ticket gained...

G

Goth Power

A tenner, alright go me! :p

I thought I'd celebrate by seeing how much everyone else on TRF has ever won on the NL, or local lottery or whatever...

And what they spent it on.

Mine shall probably go on credit for my phone... :(

Bought my first and only ticket when I was 16. Didn't win, got disillusioned and never played it since. Play the Euromillions on occasions when the Rollover is high but other than that I think lottery is a mugs game myself.

you're absolutely right but it still doesn't stop me playing, although I have won â'¬25 on the Euromillions.

Again, I don't tend to find myself playing it. Has to be a lot of money for me to consider having a go. Much prefer the football betting. That's my weekly vice.

This year I have won nothing on the lottery... mainly cos I dont play it....

However I have won £3500 on Betting and Fruit Machines... and £500 on Poker...

**** wheres my money gone!!!

I look at the lottery as a risk vs. reward thing. On the one hand, the chances of winning are INCREDIBLY remote... but if you did then it pays to those odds. It's only a pound a week and any ones of those pounds could change your life.

Poker and sports betting obviously offer so much more control to you, but are ultimately still down to chance. They may be more enjoyable as a participant, but to make lottery money from either involves significant investment up front.

My biggest win this year has been a fairly significant bonus from work this christmas... go me!

Your best bet with the lotto is to bet on numbers coming up rather than playing the game itself.

I'm 21 & I never bought a lotto ticket. My parents used to do it a while ago, but don't bother anymore.

I have bought a few

We got a 33million this Saturday - thats huge in australia

When I win, I shall retire, and come to the UK for a visit, and we'll get thrashed on everything known to man.

Then go down to NZ, and fish out their fish supplies, and poach some Kiwi talent for the RAIDERS!

sounds like a plan dude.

i only get a lottery ticket when its over 10mil here, which isnt very often. just cause i dont see the point in buying one every week it doesnt raise your chances if you get a ticket every week so i have the same chance as everyone else but at least i ahve a chance of getting a big one :)

I have bought a few

We got a 33million this Saturday - thats huge in australia

When I win, I shall retire, and come to the UK for a visit, and we'll get thrashed on everything known to man.

Then go down to NZ, and fish out their fish supplies, and poach some Kiwi talent for the RAIDERS!
[/b]

There's nothing more desperate and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge...

sounds like a plan dude.

i only get a lottery ticket when its over 10mil here, which isnt very often. just cause i dont see the point in buying one every week it doesnt raise your chances if you get a ticket every week so i have the same chance as everyone else but at least i ahve a chance of getting a big one :)
[/b]
It may not raise your chances in that individual week, but it does raise your chances overall. For example, if you usually only buy a ticket once in every four weeks, you're four times less likely to win the jackpot than someone who plays every week.

wut i get frustrated with is arguing wit my mrs. on whether to keep the same numbers or change them every week.
she reckons that if u keep the same numbers u have more of a chance of winning because sooner or later your number will come up! but the thing is, it's not like the lotto goes thru every number combination 1 by 1, it's totally random.
i keep tellin her that changing ur numbers has the exact same probability of winning as keeping ur numbers. what u guys think?

Don't use the same numbers as you will have to KEEP using those numbers for the rest of your lives in case they come up.

My cousin had 5 + the bonus ball netting her £178,000. Didn't even buy me a beer.

Tight arse get

Don't use the same numbers as you will have to KEEP using those numbers for the rest of your lives in case they come up.

My cousin had 5 + the bonus ball netting her £178,000. Didn't even buy me a beer.

Tight arse get
[/b]

$178,000! awesome. wut wud u hav spent it on? i wud've bought u a beer if u were my cuzn, dependin on how close we were. i hate those random cuzns that u never see and then u finally see them in the club and the first thing out they mouth is asking u to buy them a drink!
if i ever win anything more than $20,000 i wudn't tell no one!

I was incredibly excited when my £1.50 Euromillions ticket came up with 3 numbers and one of the 'star' numbers... the odds of which are well over 500 to 1.

I was slightly less excited when my share of the roughly £10million jackpot equated to £17.10...

Lottery odds and payouts are f**ked...

Latest posts