• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What Are You Most Looking Forward To?

M

Mr. Laxative

In light of the recent controversy I have decided to open this topic. I want to know what people are most looking for to about this game. The positives. If people have questions I am sure others will be able to find the answer somewhere.

Please no release date trash and stay on topic!

online play- has to be a postive. gives more enjoyment of the game and adds longevity to it. also gives people like me who don't have a console a chance to play mulitplayer against friends.

Franchise- big postive for me. with all the features in this mode it sounds great and will keep me busy for awhile at least. the opportunity to control a team from the onfield performance to signing of player is awesome. will also be good to see what other people do in this mode with regards to teams they play with and who they sign. like online mode adds to the lifespan of the game

these would be my 2 main ones that I am looking forward to the most and of course just the general upgrade of graphics and gameplay is good

Franchise, with mid season interuptions for origin and internationls, its so cool, it will take the hollowness out and make a season seem real, its gonna be awsome!!

another one I am looking forward to although its not in there yet.

You go one on one with a player called Los Lover and the idea is to run at him at full tilt and shoulder barget etc him until he finally falls over and doesn't get to his feet. Los Lover of course can't do anything execpt stand there and shout taunts at you. the idea of the game is to do as much damage as possible to knock Los Lover over in as few as runs at him as possible. there should be a damage bar so you know how much damage you are doing.

Originally posted by esoj@Oct 28 2005, 11:38 PM
another one I am looking forward to although its not in there yet.

You go one on one with a player called Los Lover and the idea is to run at him at full tilt and shoulder barget etc him until he finally falls over and doesn't get to his feet. Los Lover of course can't do anything execpt stand there and shout taunts at you. the idea of the game is to do as much damage as possible to knock Los Lover over in as few as runs at him as possible. there should be a damage bar so you know how much damage you are doing.
Thank god Mario doesn't come here anymore. He would have read that, and you would have caused a three month delay!

yeah but I reckon lots of people would have love to have that mini game in. also for the staduim it could be the offices of Sidhe and you can choose to play as any Sidhe employee. Mario can cause extra damage if you time his selection of one liner taunts at the correct time before you run in and attack Los Lover

Originally posted by esoj@Oct 28 2005, 11:53 PM
yeah but I reckon lots of people would have love to have that mini game in. also for the staduim it could be the offices of Sidhe and you can choose to play as any Sidhe employee. Mario can cause extra damage if you time his selection of one liner taunts at the correct time before you run in and attack Los Lover
That's what I meant. A three month delay so he could include it...

Originally posted by esoj@Oct 28 2005, 11:53 PM
Sheep jumping for half-time for games in NZ?

If customisable tournaments are available then them. Looking forward to beating all my mates. Then online to take you all down.

Then I might enjoy a nice cold shower.

Very cold...

pretty sure you can do custom leagues/tournaments. we should have some set up for the forum when the game comes out. see who is the best on the forum. maybe even run a mock nrl season we should be able to get 15 for 1 team each and should be able to get through a good amount of games a week on 10 mins half easily. then when the real nrl season starts when can run our tournament along side it in real time.

Originally posted by esoj@Oct 29 2005, 08:36 AM
pretty sure you can do custom leagues/tournaments. we should have some set up for the forum when the game comes out. see who is the best on the forum. maybe even run a mock nrl season we should be able to get 15 for 1 team each and should be able to get through a good amount of games a week on 10 mins half easily. then when the real nrl season starts when can run our tournament along side it in real time.
Mark me down for Cronulla.

I must be the first to have called a team?

id like just to see the season mode..as ive played it but wud be good to see how the implemented season mode with all the new functions will pan out...

only thing i look for in games is the gamplay and the depth..altho not too my tastes in gameplay...the online and season mode will make up for that

Yep, franchise is the big draw for me in this version..........

Being able to take your beloved club and try and sign the players/fix your perceived weaknesses in that club is going to be exciting (PJ Marsh will again be headhunted for my Warriors team).

Also looking forward to creating some past great players, and also others that could be playing league (or have shown a past interest) but are not at present (ie. A. Mundine, Luke McAllister, Nonu, Weepu).

Originally posted by C A Iversen+Oct 30 2005, 02:55 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Oct 30 2005, 02:55 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj
@Oct 29 2005, 08:36 AM
Mark me down for Cronulla.

I must be the first to have called a team? [/b]
well if it takes off you can have cronulla. I am sure lots of tournaments/leagues will pop up as most of the guys on here love their gaming and are quite competitve

looking forward to see how they have changed the gameplay and being able to choose who you can pass to from dummy half. And of course online play is gonna be huge!

I thought you could choose who to pass to from anywhere on the field, not just from dummy half, I though you just held down a certain button and it puts icons over the players head so you can pass to them??

Without a doubt the new Franchise and Online modes... and generally all the new in game features like the advanced passing system etc.

a release date!!!
<

Originally posted by ak47@Oct 31 2005, 08:53 AM
a release date!!!
<
Yeah, I gotta admit I'm looking forward to that aswell
<

Considering it was slated for September, it is a bit of a worry that we're heading into November and there is still a lot of ambiguity surrounding what's wrong with it... I know it's in their contract, but if Sidhe could have just come out and said what was wrong with it, we'd probably all be much more relaxed about the whole thing...

Latest posts