• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What book are you currently reading?

"Good to Go" by Christie Aschwanden. It's about recovery, spoiler alert: eat and sleep, but it's an interesting read no doubt.

Not listening to any books but if you're any what interested in American Jurisprudence and how much it sucks "5-4" is a great podcast.

Working my way through "Who Owns England", "How to Hide an Empire"(about American Imperialism, and "Quantum and the Lotus" (conversation between physicist and a Buddhist monk, but I'm not a big fan of metaphysics and the Buddhist is a little arrogant [pot,kettle] so it's a tough read) but semester is coming to an end so I've just been reading case law mostly.

Any good reads/listens lately. Really getting back into books in a big way.

Currently reading Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl. Very tough read but I'm only halfway through, not even to the psychotherapy part, and it's the most influential book I've ever read.

I read an absolute **** book before that's not worth mentioning...

Listened to Not a Diet Book by James Smith, very good for anyone who wants to improve what they eat and how to stay healthy.

Currently listening to Chasing Excellence: A Story about Building the World's Fittest Athletes by Ben Bergeron and enjoying it, more training focused than Smith's.
Read 3 books recently.
Elton John - ME

Can't recommend this enough. Knew Elton's music but very little else. Then saw the movie but this is phenomenal.

Andre Agassi - Open

I love learning about new sports and well this is a book for all sports fans. Superb read and interesting life.

Grinding It Out -The Making Of McDonalds by Ray Kroc

Very good book.

Got through a few books recently.

Dune - I can see how it inspired so much and the outline of why people love it so much but for some reason it didn't fully do it to me. There were parts I really liked but the climax especially fell flat. Glad I read it but no real inclination to read the sequels, especially given what I've heard about the later ones. Am looking forward to the movie though.

Blood of Elves - the second Witcher book. A collection of short stories centered around Geralt accepting his destiny in relation to Ciri. Most of them made it into the show. It's not top class for me but pretty solid.

Warbreaker - pretty much what you expect from Sanderson which isn't a bad thing. A solid B+ and while it still had the usual big climax I think Sanderson did a better job than usual of sprinkling peaks throughout the book. Weirdly arranged marriages seem to be his best romances. https://coppermind.net/wiki/Warbreaker

Liar's Poker - Michael Lewis' first book looks at the bond market in the 1980s and the rise and fall of Salomon Brothers. Some of the attitudes and extravagances are amazing but not really shocking given what we've seen since then. If I didn't know it before hand I do know now I could never be a trader and I don't think I'd really want to be one.

Shogun - only 140 pages or so in and really am liking this one, feels like the plot is only bubbling so far but the research and detail put into it is clear. For those who don't know it's historical fiction about a British Pilot General who washes up on the shores of Japan in the 1600s.

Got through a few books recently.
Shogun - only 140 pages or so in and really am liking this one, feels like the plot is only bubbling so far but the research and detail put into it is clear. For those who don't know it's historical fiction about a British Pilot General who washes up on the shores of Japan in the 1600s.

IMO Shogun is one of the best books I've read.

Legends Of The Wild West by James L. Crutchfield - An awesome journal of American History.

CAMINO-WINDS-3D-sml.png

Last edited:
Currently 99p on Amazon UK if anyone else is interested. I've added to my ever growing "to read" pile!
A bargain. A real rags to riches story and well definitely worth it. I really enjoyed it and well gives a great insight in to the foundations of Nike.

Read the book before but just been listening to the audio book version. Really enjoyed it again. Fills in back story more of characters from the movies.

Read the book before but just been listening to the audio book version. Really enjoyed it again. Fills in back story more of characters from the movies.

"The Godfather" is one of my favourite movies,but haven't read the book yet :( definitely on my list

"The Godfather" is one of my favourite movies,but haven't read the book yet :( definitely on my list

yep well worth a listen to or read The book. i liked this audio book as it was like listening to a radio show/play. It also showed how well the movies re-created the book. I had all the actors and scenes from the films in my head when listened to the audio book. There are also certain characters/parts of the book I am glad they didn't include and couldn't.

Latest posts