• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What do you REALLY expect from the game?

Make it much harder.i want to work for my tries.and let the AI adapt to your gameplay and counter it.

I think if HB want more than just a quick cash infusion on the back of world cup mania that they seriously consider including a provision in their budget to release at least 1 patch soon after the world cup completes.

By this time hopefully the worst of the game breaking bugs will have been found (and hopefully can be fixed in the patch). It would also be a great opportunity to tweak the rosters and stats of the international sides (at least those who took part in the world cup) to more closely reflect the actual performance of the teams and players that took part.
We're talking stats here and roster edits, so hardly anything major, but it would make a huge difference to players of the online component, especially if you can only use the default stats and rosters when playing online.

The rugby gaming community is one of the most tolerant when it comes to non-existant post-release support and game breaking bugs and I think such a patch would go a long way towards ensuring a better overall experience and more customer's prepared to purchase a follow-up product.

For me I think the game will be a remake of Rugby 08 with better graphics, more flowing game play etc. Hopefully there will be following ***les that implement such features as Manager Mode and Be a Pro and patches to fix the bugs that will come with the game. It should also be helped by the competition from Rugby Challenge!

I expect it to be released...and to have decent graphics ..a physics engine in tackling would be nice ..doubt it'll happen though
I also expect there to be a cool minigame or two...and one of those lovely things when you wait for a game to load where you are just one player |:p

its a real shame but i expect the scenario to play out like this. they make a very simple game with good graphics, planning to improve game play in further releases if sales are good, and doing nothing because sales won't be good because not enough people give a **** about rugby. we will be left with a rugby 08 with better graphics and no possibility of improvement. the thing is i would prefer that they left the graphics alone completely and just fixed the game interface and improved playability a bit. the world league (arguably the most played feature of the game) is set up terribly in rugby 08 as is the squad selection. during game play there are numerous problems. it is impossible to dive on the ball, you can't pick the direction of your offload, you can't run on diagonals, drop goals are impossible and don't go far enough, your players automatically tackle the opposition player in the air off every lineout, props always appear in the middle of backline moves which don't work unless its off a scrum and you select the up or down moves off a scrum anyway, if you do more than two pick-and-drives you loose the ball, you can't chip kick/grubber kick (without knocking it on), you can't set running lines of support players, there is no support players on the inside, there is no advantage..... I could go on forever. It would be ideal if they could fix all this plus overhaul the ruck/attack/defence/ai areas of the game and improve the graphics but that s obviously not going to happen so I would imagine they will take the graphics road and leave the rest more of less the same which is a shame because to me the other stuff is more important.

The sad thing, Thomsey, is that your bugs enumeration is just the tip of the iceberg. It would take a few months to fix those problems alone, not to mention improving graphics, rosters and gameplay... In the end, I think we'll get a slightly improved version of Rugby08 with updated rosters.

i expect this game to rip us off and hb laughing in our faces for giving our money to them....lol...this is givin me memories of rugby 2004 & rugby league live!!! Big hype for a big load of ****!

P.s. If u prove me wrong i will donate 100 us/aus (samething) to this forum once a month for 6 months.

well looks like i was right afterall!

Latest posts