• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What games are you playing?

I'm not sure on the switch have had all the Nintendo consoles before but the Wii U was a big disappointment for me, and I'm prob going to hold off on getting this.

Nintendo have great ideas but the end product can be lacking. They are very lucky to have a few iconic exclusives really.

Nintendo have great ideas but the end product can be lacking. They are very lucky to have a few iconic exclusives really.

Great summation.

I'm more likely to buy a Nintendo console as an alternative to my PC than I am an Xbox or PS... because they are basically just **** versions of my PC (more or less).
Whereas the Nintendo generally has a different set of games and functions to my PC.

Well with Windows 10 playing Xbox games now pretty much no reason at all to buy a Xbox if you have a PC.

I currently have
PC - For Windows games, Civ 6 and Games that get great mods (Witcher, Fallout, Etc etc) and multiplayer. Also a easier to gradually upgrade along with technology.
PS4 - For Sony's amazing Exclusive games (Uncharted, Last of Us, Bloodborne), online shooters with mates as most don't have a PC only Laptops.
Wii U - Got it mainly for Mario games but honestly regret buying it really. Mario Kart is great but the lack of diversity is annoying.

I may get switch depending on the price.

Problem with Nintendo is that they have a reputation for local play and "casual" games, which has a niche but is becoming increasingly left behind in the internet age.

The advantage to it, as rats pretty much said, as long as it retains its exclusive and quirky design features, it is very appealing for anyone looking for a second console.

Last edited:
I play very little multiplayer, aside from CS/FPS or MMO's.

I don't think the single/local player focus is much of an issue for them. Some of the biggest game franchises are almost entirely single player - GTA, Mass Effect, TES, The Witcher.
I think a lot of people make a big fuss about AAA games needing a multi-player component (or the other way around, as with BF), but I don't think that the above games would lose much in the way of sales if you removed their MP component.

I think people look at COD and Halo and think that every game needs both a bombastic campaign and an equally significant MP. I'm not sure that's the case.

Are the people who want to play Zelda going to not buy it because it doesn't have some sort of arena battle? I can't see it, myself.
Equally, are the people who don't currently play it going to buy it for a MP component?

Last edited:
I'll get the switch just for Zelda/Mario/Marie kart and just knowing there will be some fun wii sports type game

Had my first couple of games on Battlefield 1 last night, PS4.
Only played two maps and one of those was the beta map but really enjoyed it didn't even though I died alot.
Looking forward to sitting down for a good few hours and getting into it.
Also playing through Bishock 1 for the first time and am really glad they remastered it, would definitely recommend for anyone who hasn't played it before

Warhammer 40,000: Deathwatch

Great game so far, fantastically stripped back UI and mechanics, great graphics and implementation of 40k design (taking no liberties and sticking with GW tropes is the way to go) thanks to UE4.

Thoroughly recommended for strategy/40k fans.

Warhammer 40,000: Deathwatch

Great game so far, fantastically stripped back UI and mechanics, great graphics and implementation of 40k design (taking no liberties and sticking with GW tropes is the way to go) thanks to UE4.

Thoroughly recommended for strategy/40k fans.

I really want to try it out but can't justify the price right now. Too many GW games have burned me in the past. Will keep an eye on the second hand section though.

Wargame Red Dragon

excellent real time tactical game, no need to build up bases & stuff

Motorsport manager has the same problem as many manager games, it can be so unbeleivably infuriating to watch your drivers with perfectly set up cars and some of the best overtaking stats completely fail to overtake repeatedly and ending up right at the back after the first 5 laps -.-

Replaying the uncharted series 1-3. Graphics on Drakes' fortune are hilarious given it was originally released back in 2007 on the PS3. Still really playable though.

Last edited:
Currently switching between
Witcher 3
Battlefield 1
Total War Warhammer

My nights usually consist of Battlefield 1 and the other two my afternoons ;P

Been playing Fable 3 lately. Tried playing Fable 1 after not having played it in so long but I've overplayed it to death even now, so decided to try some of the newer ones. I'm digging it so far. I don't know if it's because I'm a lot older now or if the newer ones aren't as good, but I'm not enjoying it as much as I did when I played Fable 1. That said, I am still really liking it and look forward to playing it once I've done all my things for the day, but I remember loving Fable 1

Been playing Fable 3 lately. Tried playing Fable 1 after not having played it in so long but I've overplayed it to death even now, so decided to try some of the newer ones. I'm digging it so far. I don't know if it's because I'm a lot older now or if the newer ones aren't as good, but I'm not enjoying it as much as I did when I played Fable 1. That said, I am still really liking it and look forward to playing it once I've done all my things for the day, but I remember loving Fable 1

If you're playing Fable 1 on PC, there are heaps of mods around for it that make it more enjoyable. I play through it about once every year or so.

Latest posts