• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What is this flaw?

Why would anyone want to know about a flaw that could possibly ruin the game ? I know I wouldnt. You may never stumble across it and so ffs dont ruin the game for yourselves and others.

Forget about it as the game hasnt been released yet and may or may not be there.

There is some trick that you can use (somthing to do wth the running or passing) which means you can score tries easily. just like the 'sweet' spots you have in many of the fifa games. If you use this againt the AI YES it must ruin the game because it makes it far too easy. Some people are scoring 50 plus points against the opposition.

I'm hoping it won't be so easy on hard difficulty. Personally I want to try and beat the AI without having to resort to a trick, or only use it on hard difficulty.

The last thing I want is a game thats too easy. What worries me is that if we don't use the trick the game will be far too hard.

Locksley said that before he used the trick, it was virtually impossible to score a try, against any team, and only on medium difficulty. This really worries me because the game is either going to be too easy or too hard ARGHHHHHH!!!!!!
<

I think anything to do with this potential flaw that may or may not be in the final release should be edited or removed from the forum completely.

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Feb 10 2005, 05:41 AM
Why would anyone want to know about a flaw that could possibly ruin the game ? I know I wouldnt. You may never stumble across it and so ffs dont ruin the game for yourselves and others.

Forget about it as the game hasnt been released yet and may or may not be there.
Knowsleyroader have you played the game yet?

Cheers

J

I will be playing the game on release like everyone else. Hopefully a nice shiny xbox version.

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Feb 10 2005, 05:44 AM
I think anything to do with this potential flaw that may or may not be in the final release should be edited or removed from the forum completely.
Or, if some people (there inevitably will be some) want to know it - they can get PM'd -- but it should not appear on the forum at all.

Originally posted by captainamerica+Feb 10 2005, 05:49 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Feb 10 2005, 05:49 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-knowsleyroader
@Feb 10 2005, 05:44 AM
Or, if some people (there inevitably will be some) want to know it - they can get PM'd -- but it should not appear on the forum at all. [/b]
Sorry to sound thick but what does PM'd stand for???
<

Originally posted by jimmy44+Feb 10 2005, 05:50 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jimmy44 @ Feb 10 2005, 05:50 AM)</div>
Originally posted by captainamerica@Feb 10 2005, 05:49 AM

Or, if some people (there inevitably will be some) want to know it - they can get PM'd -- but it should not appear on the forum at all.
<
[/b]
Not at all.

PM is personal message -- click on anyone's forum name and the option to send them a personal message will appear.

Originally posted by captainamerica+Feb 10 2005, 05:53 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Feb 10 2005, 05:53 AM)</div>
Originally posted by jimmy44@Feb 10 2005, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by captainamerica@Feb 10 2005, 05:49 AM

<
Not at all.

PM is personal message -- click on anyone's forum name and the option to send them a personal message will appear. [/b]
Cheers! Do you know what it is if so can you send me a message?

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Feb 10 2005, 05:41 AM

yea ur right, i dont see myself figuring out that cheat to score 50 points against the AI either, i'd rather just stick to the 13 - 6 scorelines...
i dont want to know about any flaws... and sumone make sure wen the game does cum out that we make a seperate thread for ppl to talk about the flaws so u dont just bring it up in any old thread and kill it for us that havnt found it...

Originally posted by 187+Feb 10 2005, 05:58 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (187 @ Feb 10 2005, 05:58 AM)</div>
@Feb 10 2005, 05:41 AM

yea ur right, i dont see myself figuring out that cheat to score 50 points against the AI either, i'd rather just stick to the 13 - 6 scorelines...
i dont want to know about any flaws... and sumone make sure wen the game does cum out that we make a seperate thread for ppl to talk about the flaws so u dont just bring it up in any old thread and kill it for us that havnt found it... [/b]
Nah, I say it shouldn't appear at all on the forum -- peeps should only message themselves with the personal message option.

Keep the cheat away.

Unless, of course, I break 2 controllers out of frustration for lack of scoring -- then, I might want to know it.

Originally posted by 187+Feb 10 2005, 05:58 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (187 @ Feb 10 2005, 05:58 AM)</div>
@Feb 10 2005, 05:41 AM

i dont want to know about any flaws... and sumone make sure wen the game does cum out that we make a seperate thread for ppl to talk about the flaws so u dont just bring it up in any old thread and kill it for us that havnt found it... [/b]
3-3 you mean. I've heard without the 'trick' its almost impossible to score a try. Thats not much fun either. i think a bit of team tweaking may be the answer.

well he has only just got the game, maybe he aint mastered it yet, maybe his timing maybe out a little... that split second cud mean all the difference

Originally posted by 187@Feb 10 2005, 06:06 AM
well he has only just got the game, maybe he aint mastered it yet, maybe his timing maybe out a little... that split second cud mean all the difference
Yeh I really hope you're right. I'm hoping with loads of practice you should be able to make more breaks and score. I recon if its still too hard then you could create a new team (I want to be scotland or England) and tweak the stats so that your players are faster and stronger. then surely there will be more gaps and tries!! If you do this on hard difficulty then it will still present a challenge because the AI will be really good. Do you recon this would work?

yea but maybe it was just hard coz he was playing against another strong team, did he try playing sum useless as team like Samoa (haha) with the like a really good team like Tonga? or the ABs?

Originally posted by 187@Feb 10 2005, 06:12 AM
yea but maybe it was just hard coz he was playing against another strong team, did he try playing sum useless as team like Samoa (haha) with the like a really good team like Tonga? or the ABs?
He said it was almost impossible to score tries irrespective of which team he was or played against.

on multi player rugby 2004 i used to use the halfback to run up the blindside. it nearly always worked because of the hidious amount of time it took for players to turn. this flaw kind of sounds like that. because with abit of hard work you can end up beating it. so im not really worried.

Meh, its not really a 'flaw'. Just more like a tactic to use, it's not that big of a deal and it doesn't work on hard mode.

Let's just say that this "tactic" does not work in Hard mode! Also, a friend of mine is a master of this tactic (It was he who worked it out), and now he can't beat me cos I've sussed how to defend against it!

So don't worry, forget about it! It's NOT as bad as Fifa's sweet spots that's for sure!

Rest Easy
<

Latest posts