Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Golf

• Swimming

• Other (Please State)

• Total voters
I'll alow you that post, but only because you're drunk on the "romance of cricket".

I just can't enjoy a sport where all i do is sit back and chill out with a beer.
I need to get involved, shout at people entertaining me...cricket is more stop and start than American Football, for crying out loud.

Edit: Ok, there is something ridiculously relaxing and enjoyable about watching Golf.

Jeez, my whole post before the edit has just become superfluous!
I still maintain that cricket is boring. :D

You can get involved during cricket, it just takes a little longer for things to happen thats all. Why do you think the Edgbaston in the UK or Bay 13 in Australia hold some of the loudest fans in sport?

Why do you think the Edgbaston in the UK or Bay 13 in Australia hold some of the loudest fans in sport?
[/b]

I'd never heard of Edgbaston or Bay 13 until just now, nor did i know they possessed the loudest fans in sport.
I just can't get into the it myself; i don't personally know many people that do like it, hence the reason i was surprised that so many people claimed cricket as their 2nd favourite sport.

Hahaha Bay 13 is infamous part of the Melbourne Cricket ground, lots of passion, banter and beer.

Edgbaston is an area of Birmingham which houses the Edgbaston cricket ground, one of the ring of English cricket grounds in the Midlands and north who traditionally try to make the pitch as hostile to the touring side as possible. It is also incredibly rowdy because of the eclectic mix of cultures in Birmingham, all of which are cricket mad!

This is unlike say, the Oval or Lords in London, where they just bend over backwards to make the pitch as nice and possible for the visiting side.

I just love the rivetting serenity of it. A beautifully sedate game with 100s of years of history, tradition and heritage. You've just got to accept that you don't watch it on the edge of your seat, rather you just settle down and get immersed in it.

<div class='quotemain'>
Why do you think the Edgbaston in the UK or Bay 13 in Australia hold some of the loudest fans in sport?
[/b]

I'd never heard of Edgbaston or Bay 13 until just now, nor did i know they possessed the loudest fans in sport.
I just can't get into the it myself; i don't personally know many people that do like it, hence the reason i was surprised that so many people claimed cricket as their 2nd favourite sport. [/b][/quote]
That would be because you live in flammin' Wales!!!

[/b]

Good point.
I only know of one Welsh cricketer (simon jones, i think?) and even tho he plays for glamorgan (?) he still plays internationally for England. Not sure why.

Could someone actually explain that to me.

Why there is no welsh national team - why the welsh boys go and play for england?
I honestly don't know why there is no team.

I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to cricket. I think I began to get it when I watched Shane Warne in the Ashes 3 or 4 years ago - the mind-boggling variables make it like a game of chess, but you can die horribly at any instant. SW is one of the greatest sportsmen of all.

And when it comes to sitting on your arse all day in front of the TV - cricket beats F1, and then laps it with a middle finger in the air.

Noys wun, Shaaaaaaaaaaayne!

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Good point.
I only know of one Welsh cricketer (simon jones, i think?) and even tho he plays for glamorgan (?) he still plays internationally for England. Not sure why.

Could someone actually explain that to me.

Why there is no welsh national team - why the welsh boys go and play for england?
I honestly don't know why there is no team.
[/b][/quote]

This is because it is actually "England & Wales."

The Cricket Board is officially called the "England & Wales Cricket Board" hence why English and Welsh play on the same team. In theory we should merge the Scots in as well and call it Great Britain.

And agreed, SW is a legend. End of discussion.

I play cricket... it's fun! I get to shout at people and laugh my ass off all the time!

Its so gloriously relaxing watching cricket and at the same time intensively interesting because there can be so much tension. It is truly a contest of wills between the batsmen and the fieldsmen.

I voted for Cricket (but i do love my soccer)

I find it impossible to pick between my 3 favorite sports - Aussie Rules, MMA & Rugby.

I play cricket... it's fun! I get to shout at people and laugh my ass off all the time!
[/b]

No, no. You're getting your whole refereeing shenanigans mixed up with cricket.
Cricket is a gentleman's game with no shouting and certainly no laughing!
You clearly have never played cricket. :D

This is probably odd for a rugby forum poster, but rugby is definetley my third sport, both in watching and playing.

Playing- 1.Cricket, 2.Football, 3.Rugby
Watching 1.Football,2.Cricket,3.Rugby

I just find it hard to get into rugby sometimes, take this year. It has hardly been a stellar year for the sport, about the only thing I have enjoyed has been the 6N. Theres so much wrong with the way it is run, from the top down to the bottom.

I would call myself a 'fringe' fan, sometimes I will be totally enthralled with a season, the next I can drift. A case for this year.

Actually, i can understand why they don't call it England and Wales. How many players does Wales really contribute to the national team?
I would like to guess at no more than 3.
Although, England have South African in the squad don't they? The guy with the skunk hairdo from a few years back.
Well, if that's so then they're almost contributing more than we are. :wall:

I have to say, now that i have learnt that we are joined as a team i shall support England (and wales) in the cricket from now on.
I'll find it very difficult to watch, but when i hear the scores and stuff on radio 1 i'll be upset wtih the rest of you english folk.

I did however hear today that our (see? our? i'm getting into the england&wales mentality already) team have no chance of the semi final now.
I would have thought a chance of getting to the semi's would be to win your match, but it sounds as tho if they'd won another match before this loss they might have stood a chance to get to the semi's.
I have no idea how it works, but clearly it's totally different to rugby, so i'll just offer one of these annoying smileys (or should i call it a cry-ey) to sum up the situation. :cryy:

3.jpg

The guy in the middle.

I wonder if they lost coz they're still ****** like that picture.
Fred Flinstone (that sounds wrong, fred something his name is anyway) got done for drink and pedalo-ing, didn't he?
I think that's hillarious.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

No, no. You're getting your whole refereeing shenanigans mixed up with cricket.
Cricket is a gentleman's game with no shouting and certainly no laughing!
You clearly have never played cricket. :D
[/b][/quote]

well... maybe it's just me.. but I do laugh and shout when playing any kind of sport.. yes, that includes chess...:p

Surfing, obviously. It`s a sport I can still participate in, even when I`m 70 years old one day. Great way to clear the mind after a hard day`s slog and grind at work, and a wonderful spectator sport too.

Does fishing and hunting also count as sports, or merely excuses to consume copious amounts of alcohol, otherwise I`d pick both of them too?

Latest posts