• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What Nations are YOU eligible to play for.

LittleGuy

First XV
Country Flag
Canada
Saw a disscussion on this in another thread, thought it would be interesting to see what countries TRF members are eligible to play for :D.

Mine are:
Canada(place of birth, citizen)
England(Parents)
*Possibly Switzerland: My Dad was actually born in Geneva but Switzerland dosen't have right of birth citizenship, one of your parents must be Swiss for you to be a citizen at birth. My Dad never acquired citizenship before returning to England.

I just miss out on

Italy (by one generation)
Scotland(by two generations)

Birth: Scotland
South Africa- Residency & Mother:
Zambia- Father
Zimbabwe- Grandmother on Father side
Germany- Grandfather on Mother side
England- Grandmother on Mother side

I win ;)

Birth: Scotland
South Africa- Residency & Mother:
Zambia- Father
Zimbabwe- Grandmother on Father side
Germany- Grandfather on Mother side
England- Grandmother on Mother side

I win ;)

Not when I see you on the field for Switzerland vs. Zambia!!!

France, New Zealand, Australia, Canada and Ireland. I guess England in a year through residency.

England by birth, Wales by residence

I have some Scottish in me but I think it's a generation too far back (my Dads Mums parents were Scottish, I believe)

wales by birth , residency , but i think my fathers mother was from coventry , and my mothers parents were from south hampton , i think

According to IRB rules:

1) New Zealand (birth)
2) Australia (parents)
3) Germany (grandparents)
4) Sweden (grandparent)
5) United States (residence)

New Zealand (Birth)
... Australia (residency)
... England (Grand Father)
... not Canada yet ... but they should snap me up, ... despite the fact I haven't played in over 20 years! :)

... I'm bigger, stronger, and faster

... I'm bigger, through a carefully managed diet of fatty foods, and more carbohydrates than I need ... plus the odd brew being consumed :D

... I'm faster, because I can put $20 worth of gas in the car much faster than I could twenty years ago, and that's even allowing for the attendant having trouble understanding what i'm saying :D

... I'm stronger because I can carry $100 of groceries much easier than I could twenty years ago :D

Just Ireland I'm afraid :( NZRU had an extensive look into my genaeology but were disappointed to discover I'm not eligible

New Zealand and Nz Maori I think haven't really looked at my family tree too much but the only european relations I've got their last name is Bishop. So not sure what country that would be from.

England (Birth)
Ireland (Parent and citizenship)
Malaysia (Parent)
New Zealand (Residency) Maybe? Was there for 6 years but left November last year so don't know if it counts when you're not there anymore. Not too sure how residency works.

Wales only, have a Scottish last name but think you have to go back more than 100 years before you'll find any Scots.

Irish (residency and birth )
France (mother)
Tunisia (grandfather)
Corsica (grandmother) if Corsican sovereignty was recognized of course.

Scotland by birth
Ireland- Mother
Canada- Citizen

Australia (birth and residency)
Italy (parents, grandparents)

do you qualify for NZ you marry a kiwi? surely? haha

Australia (birth and residency)
Italy (parents, grandparents)

do you qualify for NZ you marry a kiwi? surely? haha

If an kiwi marries an australian? the kiwi loses their right to represent or return to the country and their offspring are to be jeered in the streets of Auckland.
Look it up, its a law i think.

New Zealand Born
English Dad
Kiwi Mum
So I have a Nz and British Passport

Latest posts