What trainers are you wearing?

Discussion in 'The Clubhouse Bar' started by Gavin, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Gavin

Gavin First XV

Country Flag:

Former Soviet Union

Club or Nation:

Barbarians

As most of us appear to be keeping fit i thought it would be interesting to find out what types of trainers people are wearing for particular purposes.

I've always been a hybrid person who wore trainers which I can use for the gym and road running, but now I'm thinking of getting separate pairs.

I have a pair of Hoka One One Carbon X on order and excited to see how the carbon plate will help with my speed on the roads

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Jabby

Jabby First XV

Country Flag:

New Zealand

Club or Nation:

Otago

we've been getting into running, dong a couch potato to 5km running programme, only up to 25min runs but we're still going

we both just got new shoes as we want to keep it going, ive gone from Asics Nimbus (had for a few years) to a Salomon Sonic 3 (balance), only a week old but good so far

my wife had a less interesting time, shes had three knee reconstructions over the last 20 something years, first one in highschool, her orthopaedic surgeon at the time told her to buy Brooks Adrenaline’s as the best to support her knee

about 10 years later we were living in London and went to a pediatrist for new shoes….they said the brooks adrenalin was the only option for her..

she had her third knee reconstruction about five years ago and once recovered we went and got new shoes, one of those machines that reads your gate etc and gives a suggestion….brooks adrenalin…she just gets new brooks adrenalins on line now…why bother trying anything else

4. TRF_Olyy

TRF_Olyy English Arrogance

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

Sale

Nike metcons for general gymwear,
    Adidas power perfect for squats
    Adidas.... something or other for running. They were their flagship ones around the 2012 Olympics (I only remember this because the brownlee brothers were advertising them). Bought them on sale the year after and I run infrequently enough these days that they're still going strong this long on :p

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!
-->