The_Blindside

International
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

British Irish Lions

One thing I hate about Apple is their underhanded way they try and force their customers to buy more iCloud storage from their measily f’ing free 5GB. Constant messages “reminding” me to upgrade as my 5GB has run out even though I have a MacBook Pro and 500 GB of their SSD storage and countless external HDD.

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

Yeah 5GB isn't a lot when you consider phones can shoot in RAW these days - I think I got given 15GB of extra Google Drive space when I got my Pixel.

Speaking of: I'm hoping Coronavirus isn't delaying the announcement of the Pixel 5 - like it has the 4a.
I'm not renewing until next spring but later announcement = later release = less of a price drop before I get it :p

Tigs Man

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

Puerto Rico

Club or Nation

Wigan

I mean 80p a month for 50GB is pretty decent value IMO.

The_Blindside

International
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

British Irish Lions

The main thing for me on the next gen phones is 5G, whether I upgrade my phone this year or next I don’t know yet, and it doesn’t matter unless I get a decent 5G contract. I am actually quite happy with 4G atm because i have unlimited data and currently at home, so can switch to wifi when needed. And it’ll take time for the 5G network really to become widespread and we still don’t know whether this whole Huawei equipment will still be an issue. And 5G will be the next thing for at least 7/8 years before 6G is released, if 4G life cycle is anything to go by. I still get 3G signal in and around where I live.

Still tempted to get the pixel 4A as a secondary device to my iphone X as just want a different experience to iOS, then could get the base iphone 12 as replacement for X this autumn. I love the new ipad OS, but iOS on iphone hasn’t really changed and is reallly safe and dull. But still it syncs well with my other apple devices, so loathe to get rid of the iphone.

The_Blindside

International
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

British Irish Lions

WWDC live for those interested. Announcement of iOS 14.

The_Blindside

International
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

British Irish Lions

Right took the plunge and bought a google pixel 3a. Can return it in 15 days if I don’t like it or before pixel 4a comes out next month and exchange it.

iOS 14 didn’t look very exciting to me and won’t be out until September/October anyway. Plus checked EE’s coverage of my area and 5G coverage is non existent.

The_Blindside

International
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

British Irish Lions

Anyone going to upgrade their phone this year?

pixel 4a due out 1 October here for 349. I am happy with the 3a as a secondary device.

iphone 12 reportedly going to delayed.

Others?

5G coverage is sparse where I am. Not sure it is Worth upgrading yet.

dullonien

International
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

Wales

I have upgraded as soon as my contract was up every time for the past 15 years. But I think I may keep this Note 10 for a good few years. I've got another year to run on this contract though, so that could change...

I can't think of any features I'm lacking, and this phone is easily powerful enough now to cope with anything I need. If they can perfect a foldable device, that would be a big feature I'd upgrade for though.

RugbyUSA

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

United States

Club or Nation

Brumbies

Last edited:

Jabby

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

New Zealand

Club or Nation

Otago

One thing I hate about Apple is their underhanded way they try and force their customers to buy more iCloud storage from their measily f’ing free 5GB. Constant messages “reminding” me to upgrade as my 5GB has run out even though I have a MacBook Pro and 500 GB of their SSD storage and countless external HDD.
I bought myself a 128Gb memory stick with lightning connector to backup / story my photos on the fly...worked great and was less the $100aud