• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Would you pay £2000 for a smart phone?

One thing I hate about Apple is their underhanded way they try and force their customers to buy more iCloud storage from their measily f'ing free 5GB. Constant messages "reminding" me to upgrade as my 5GB has run out even though I have a MacBook Pro and 500 GB of their SSD storage and countless external HDD.

Yeah 5GB isn't a lot when you consider phones can shoot in RAW these days - I think I got given 15GB of extra Google Drive space when I got my Pixel.

Speaking of: I'm hoping Coronavirus isn't delaying the announcement of the Pixel 5 - like it has the 4a.
I'm not renewing until next spring but later announcement = later release = less of a price drop before I get it :p

The main thing for me on the next gen phones is 5G, whether I upgrade my phone this year or next I don't know yet, and it doesn't matter unless I get a decent 5G contract. I am actually quite happy with 4G atm because i have unlimited data and currently at home, so can switch to wifi when needed. And it'll take time for the 5G network really to become widespread and we still don't know whether this whole Huawei equipment will still be an issue. And 5G will be the next thing for at least 7/8 years before 6G is released, if 4G life cycle is anything to go by. I still get 3G signal in and around where I live.

Still tempted to get the pixel 4A as a secondary device to my iphone X as just want a different experience to iOS, then could get the base iphone 12 as replacement for X this autumn. I love the new ipad OS, but iOS on iphone hasn't really changed and is reallly safe and dull. But still it syncs well with my other apple devices, so loathe to get rid of the iphone.

WWDC live for those interested. Announcement of iOS 14.

Right took the plunge and bought a google pixel 3a. Can return it in 15 days if I don't like it or before pixel 4a comes out next month and exchange it.

iOS 14 didn't look very exciting to me and won't be out until September/October anyway. Plus checked EE's coverage of my area and 5G coverage is non existent.

Anyone going to upgrade their phone this year?

pixel 4a due out 1 October here for 349. I am happy with the 3a as a secondary device.

iphone 12 reportedly going to delayed.

Others?

5G coverage is sparse where I am. Not sure it is Worth upgrading yet.

I have upgraded as soon as my contract was up every time for the past 15 years. But I think I may keep this Note 10 for a good few years. I've got another year to run on this contract though, so that could change...

I can't think of any features I'm lacking, and this phone is easily powerful enough now to cope with anything I need. If they can perfect a foldable device, that would be a big feature I'd upgrade for though.

One thing I hate about Apple is their underhanded way they try and force their customers to buy more iCloud storage from their measily f'ing free 5GB. Constant messages "reminding" me to upgrade as my 5GB has run out even though I have a MacBook Pro and 500 GB of their SSD storage and countless external HDD.
I bought myself a 128Gb memory stick with lightning connector to backup / story my photos on the fly...worked great and was less the $100aud

£549 for headphones. :rolleyes:

£549 for headphones
For that price they themselves have to sing for me.. I'm curious who will pay 549 GBP for headphones and 2000 GBP for a smart phone :D show me this person ))
P.S. I have a Chinese smart phone for an average price,very glad with it. Have just bought a new model but still use a previous model sometimes

Apple fanboys and who are in the ecosystem, with the cash will find away to buy them. Although no Apple iphone for £2k yet. It's probably only a matter of time.

I don't like anything "apple" to be honest. I bought one of the ipads in New York once, when it was very popular and didn't find it comfortable to use (plus I lived in Russia then and it was complicated to use "apple" there).. would never buy iPhone, I think. Just not mine.
I'm curious now if there any other smartphones that cost around 2000 GBP and what do companies offer for that price :D

Galaxy fold 2 is £1799.

I am a apple fan boy. Just bought airpod Pros in the Black Friday sale. Spatial audio is pretty cool.

Latest posts