• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What position should earn the most money?

In England the tighthead is also the most payed player. Leicester dont say who the marquee player is because of squad harmony, but it is thought too be Dan Coles who must be minted. I would guess that Figallo is now our best paid player.

could you imagine if Goode actually had a higher salary than him..

It would be absurd to have your best paid player an individual with a poor injury record, who's latest injury has been a serious neck injury which has kept him out for a year, and if he does get fit would barely play for you for the first 3 months of the season.

Having said that, you are right about tightheads though. It's not just their key role in the team, but the fact there are fewer amount of first class ones compared to positions such as wing.
That is a good point but I guess he is paid more than Longbottom, maybe he isn't but if that is the case, i cant see then our highest paid player being a tighthead.

could you imagine if Goode actually had a higher salary than him..
I wouldn't be suprised in the slightest :p

Tighthead prop, followed by fly-half.

A team that doesn't have a class player in both these positions will never win anything.

That is a good point but I guess he is paid more than Longbottom, maybe he isn't but if that is the case, i cant see then our highest paid player being a tighthead.

If Saracens can get his injury issues sorted then he's probably on a relatively cheap price for a player of his reputation. That's a big if though, he only made 16 starts in his last 3 seasons at Montpellier, wouldn't be value for money if he was on an international's salary and would be a big risk. I reckon James Johnston would be on more.

It would be absurd to have your best paid player an individual with a poor injury record, who's latest injury has been a serious neck injury which has kept him out for a year, and if he does get fit would barely play for you for the first 3 months of the season.

Having said that, you are right about tightheads though. It's not just their key role in the team, but the fact there are fewer amount of first class ones compared to positions such as wing.

He probably wasn't injured when they negotiated his contract.

Didn't Figallo only sign his contract when French clubs were barred from signing him as they couldn't legally signed a guy in his medical condition? That sounds like injured to me.

Didn't Figallo only sign his contract when French clubs were barred from signing him as they couldn't legally signed a guy in his medical condition? That sounds like injured to me.

My mistake thought he was talking about Cole. Lol!

Tighthead prop, followed by fly-half.

A team that doesn't have a class player in both these positions will never win anything.

Ah good man, glad we agree. Now, I'll need you to sign here, and here, and we're in business...oh what ? Oh just...just, "in business".

And about the Figallo thing, I'm glad. Saracens are a class organization, although they've got the worst team name I think in Rugby, and if France have strict policies, so be it, I know nothing about the anatomy in sports in that regard to make any sort of a judgment about it, they must have their reasons...but if they're going to be dicks like that, very happy the cheap, cheap league that is Premiership will pick up the scrap and make something decent out of it. Like, he's still got a head and apparently both hands with all fingers, so it can't be that bad. I sure hope he can destroy in the scrum at least 90% like he used to.
What a shame Montypellier didn't get to taste the Figallo experience: Figallo+Mas, haha...the rest of the league and H Cup sides are glad that didn't happen.

Ah good man, glad we agree. Now, I'll need you to sign here, and here, and we're in business...oh what ? Oh just...just, "in business".

The day I go into business with you is the day Clermont lose at home!

Oh...wait...

The day I go into business with you is the day Clermont lose at home!

Oh...wait...

I STILL take high offense to that comment and will ask you to focus on what your third most important position is, as a just compensation.
Oh and also, just to get back to you for humiliating me publicly in such an unforgivable manner, you know your username upside down is Cheapah, right ?

anigif_enhanced-buzz-21143-1385575525-24.gif

mmmmm hmmmmmmmm..

I STILL take high offense to that comment and will ask you to focus on what your third most important position is, as a just compensation.
Oh and also, just to get back to you for humiliating me publicly in such an unforgivable manner, you know your username upside down is Cheapah, right ?

anigif_enhanced-buzz-21143-1385575525-24.gif

mmmmm hmmmmmmmm..

Not really as you're missing the Y out...

Good try though, I guess with that Gallic sense of humour that is the best you can do.

(Third most important? Lock, but only because I play there on occasion)

Not really as you're missing the Y out...

Good try though, I guess with that Gallic sense of humour that is the best you can do.

(Third most important? Lock, but only because I play there on occasion)

awwwwww, that's just not niiiice....and I meant phonetically, ya Cheapah !!! Thought it was understood if you could only pick up on the infinitely subtle semi-Gallic humor I manifest, but apparently gotta spell it all out for you ! Don't you run away from the TREWFF, you ain't can't do it no way maynn, trewff gon find ya !!

Lock is in my least important half of a XV...can survive with two average locks, easy..

Third most important is the loosehead, look how badly Gethin Jenkins effected Adam Jones last year, when Paul James came on he really gave Wales a platform. You could also say openside flanker as a Pocock or Brussow can win you a game on their own

Third most important is the loosehead, look how badly Gethin Jenkins effected Adam Jones last year, when Paul James came on he really gave Wales a platform. You could also say openside flanker as a Pocock or Brussow can win you a game on their own

Disagree, Adam struggled towards the back end last year not because of Gethin but himself not being fit enough and not having a grasp of the new laws.

Disagree, Adam struggled towards the back end last year not because of Gethin but himself not being fit enough and not having a grasp of the new laws.
Fair enough he wasn't at his best, but Jenkins was constantly getting yellowed last year so he was hardly helping Jones out. Against England we held the welsh pretty well until James came on, Jones was still on against Marler, then he started getting the best of Marler because the otherside wasn't capitulating.

A world class wing can add a lot more than a tight head. A tight head is likely to get you field position or possession if they are constantly winning scrums but that isn't very useful in itself. There's no point in constantly winning penalties if you don't have a goal kicker or don't have a lineout which can win your own ball. A winger, on the other hand, can often score tries out of nothing or else can set up tries for other players. They can be game breakers and often enable otherwise worse teams to win with a moment of brilliance.

I'm not saying a winger is definitely more important than a tight head but in some cases they can be.

Latest posts