• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

what would your 08 team ratings be?

i did not and have not said the hurricanes were good this year. read some of the earlier posts i was replying to a comment made that the brumbies were and always were be better than the hurricanes and as i pointed out the hurricanes finshed second last year which was better than the brumbies. as for the dominion post i think your being unfair they can't go overboard in critizing the hurricanes and they were far from prasing them this year. before the brumbies kicked nucifora i think they made something like four consecutive semis and won 2 ***les (maybe one i not sure about the stats but they didn't miss the semis twice in a row).

as for the brumbies desrving to be in the semis on form i contest this as they struggled to beat the force four weeks out from the end. the chiefs on the other hand looked good enough to win the super14 by the end of the round robin despite their own earlier season lack of form. B)

defence does win world cups but the brumbies won't be at the world cup the aussies will and i imagine nzs defence is better. B)

[/quote] what team hasn't had a bit of luck did you see the sharks crusaders game this year.

shux everyones talking like everyone should be stars... star players should only be those that are absolutely outstanding heck might as well give Nonu a crack at being a star!

i do agree stars shud be handled out like preciuos diamonds i thought they had the right mix last time in terms of numbers this time they have got carried away giving 4 stars in the aussie backline and also collins having a star is a bit odd all he is is a brute lazy at the breakdown but what players get stars is irrelevant as long as there not handed out willy nilly
the brumbies lost nucifora after winning 2004 ***le [other ***le 2001 under eddie jones] people forget they lost roff,finegan,wilson,barthelemouz,fava,vickerman,harrison,young,nortonknight,giffen,henjak from 2003-2005 so staying in the top 6 is not a bad effort and winning more games than the crusaders and the chiefs classes them as a better team
wallibies gone 2 games without conceding a point abs conceded 13 in a half versus canada, wonder what defence i prefer?

I hope Christian Cullen is in the game one last time and is as good as he was last year and not called Callam :huh:
Would be nice to see league convert Brian Carney playing right wing for Munster and i hope they do justice to his tackling, hands and speed. Shane Williams is one of the fastest in 06 and Carney burned him against the O's this year on the way to his second try in his second game for Munster.
Ian Dowling, Barry Murphy, Tony Buckley, Rob Kearney, Luke Fitzgerald, Isaac Boss as an Irishman and Neil Best and Jerry Flannery goven fair ratings this time.

Ma'a Nonu's rating should be higher and Rupeni Caucau should be worse after his disapointing form this year. I would hate it if Brent Cockbain was anyware near as good as he was last year. Tom Rees and Shane Jennings should be rated highly after their outstanding form in the GP. Will be worrying how much ball Wasps will turn over though with Worsley Dallaglio and Rees playing. Chris Patterson should be faster and a much, much better goal kicker than he was in 06, his acuracy was scary in the Six Nations.

Latest posts