• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Whats most important in a fullback?

I think confidence is by far the most important thing for a full-back. You can kick far, or run fast, but if you don't back yourself to do it, you are gonna be in serious trouble. All of the greats knew what they were capable of doing, and always went at it! Conrad Jantjes is by far not the best kicker, and has the speed of a fly-half, but he plays with so much confidence these days that it's hard to find fault in his game. :)

<div class='quotemain'>
Every aspect that a quality 15 possesses is still on Balshaw's to do list.
[/b]
Except 'get into an international team'... >_> [/b][/quote]
seems to me that's the one he tries the hardest at, the rest he's not really bovered about!

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
seems to me that's the one he tries the hardest at, the rest he's not really bovered about!
[/b][/quote]
I think he drugs all the competition for the England fullback shirt so he's the only one available. Then he precedes to make Brian Moore blow his top when he actually plays a game...

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]
I think he drugs all the competition for the England fullback shirt so he's the only one available. Then he precedes to make Brian Moore blow his top when he actually plays a game... [/b][/quote]
haha! brian moore did go insance when we was trying to jump over that ruck! what the hell was he doing though!!

robinson wanst that good at kicking or tackling was he? but he was still like amazing cos of his speed.

or was he a winger? :S

robinson wanst that good at kicking or tackling was he? but he was still like amazing cos of his speed.

or was he a winger? :S
[/b]

A lot of people kept playing him as a fullback, but he was at his best as a winger, so that all he had to do was run with the ball. His defence, lack of passing skills, and his lack of accuracy with his kicking made him a bit of a gamble at fullback, but he sure was dangerous when you gave him the ball with an errant kick.

Latest posts