• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Which Concerts/Gigs Are You Attending This Year?

The Story So Far- I like several of their songs, but their sound wasn't mixed as well and their lead singer just doesn't have much in the way of stage presence. A lot of standing with hands in pockets while singing or repeating the same gestures over and over while not moving.
This doesn't surprise me - I'm a big fan of TSSF but they've made no qualms about not being that keen on their success
At their heart they're a club band - they've been doing some side shows on this tour playing no barrier/basement shows and that's where they want to be. The band actually took a hiatus recently and the singer started a side project (No pressure - very good) so he could go back to the dive bar shows he thrives on

I was surprised to see them named as the support for Blink because if they don't like 2k cap shows why would they like 20k cap? But I guess the money was too good
I'm still excited to see them because I really love their music but I'm not expecting a great show of it

At their heart they're a club band - they've been doing some side shows on this tour playing no barrier/basement shows and that's where they want to be.

I was surprised to see them named as the support for Blink because if they don't like 2k cap shows why would they like 20k cap? But I guess the money was too good
I'm still excited to see them because I really love their music but I'm not expecting a great show of it

Yea, they also made a couple of remarks in that regard saying O2/this tour was by far biggest stage they've been on and they're way more used to (and comfortable) in smaller bars or intimate basement style shows.

I can imagine for them it was a great opportunity to see Europe, get a great paycheck and get to know blink 182. Can't really see how you turn that down.

@TRF_Olyy so mate, how great are blink 182 live? Did you have an awesome evening?
Genuinely it was like a religious experience

I've never seen them live before - almost saw them on the California tour but kind of glad I didn't because, as much as I love Matt Skiba, seeing the trio was special

Spectacular setlist as well, all the hits plus sprinkled the new songs in, which went down really well
The banter was there too, which is what you want from Tom/Mark together too

Genuinely it was like a religious experience
Felt the same way. Completely something else and exactly what I expected and wanted it to be after listening to the Tom Mark and Travis show.

Hit all the parts that meant a lot to me, and the intro to Adam's Song was ❤️

Really tempted by When We Were Young next year,
All the bands are playing albums in full, Neck Deep, State Champs and Jimmy Eat World all playing my favourites of theirs, Tonight Alive reforming and playing my favourite of theirs

Glastonbury sold out in an hour and they have even announced the headline acts.

Went to see Judas Priest last night, such a good show

It's crazy how good Halford's voice is considering his age - only song he struggled with was Painkiller, which tbf is a nuts track - so high pitched (falsetto?)

Slightly off topic, but what an embarrassing mess this is.

Also, am I the only one who thinks it looks ugly as hell. I look at modern architecture around the world and the best the UK can do is a large black box...

Slightly off topic, but what an embarrassing mess this is.

Also, am I the only one who thinks it looks ugly as hell. I look at modern architecture around the world and the best the UK can do is a large black box...
Yeah it's not exactly the Royal Albert Hall. Saying that I'd still like to go, that and Spurs new stadium.

My favourite large indoor areana is still probably the 02, smaller venue the Hammersmith Apollo / Albert Hall.

Going there tonight.

There in May

Was supposed to go there this time last year

But it was moved to there.

So my question is if I make it to the O2, I never have to go back to London?
Pretty much, i live less than hour on the train. Londons bearable for a few days then I've had enough of it.

I've never visited any of the Brixton Academy type venues just assumed the are like the Hammersmith Apollo.

Enjoy the Royal Albert Hall. I just thought it was really cool with decent acoustics.

Latest posts