• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Which Gamepad for PC

I

IanRobo75

I'm looking to buy a PC Gamepad compatible with ea games and also for 1st person shooters.
What do you recommend?

I got the same controller as muse, It's a good controller, but it's not good with FPS. The 360 controller is not bad controller for the 360, but dunno what it'll be like on the pc though.

It's £17.99 on play delivered. If you want one, make sure it's a wired controller, coz the Wired 360 controller is a USB, the wireless one won't work on the pc.

If you want one, make sure it's a wired controller, coz the Wired 360 controller is a USB, the wireless one won't work on the pc.[/b]
If you use this device, a wireless 360 controller will work on your PC. The description even suggests all wireless 360 products will work with it. I just built a PS2-to-PC device and use an old, semi-broken PS2 pad if I need one for my PC. They can be picked up fairly cheaply too, considering they're fairly simple devices.

Although, as has been mentioned, you really want to get out of using a gamepad for first-person shooters, especially if you intend to compete online. PC shooters are made with that kind of twitch response in mind, which cant easily be replicated in a less-sensitive device such as a gamepad.

Muse/Master,

Thanks I got the Logitech Corless Rumblepad 2 in the end. Which I found was good for sports games, not too bad for 1st person either.

Do you know if there is a way to map one button to another? I'd like button 12 to activate button 10, for example.

Muse/Master,

Thanks I got the Logitech Corless Rumblepad 2 in the end. Which I found was good for sports games, not too bad for 1st person either.

Do you know if there is a way to map one button to another? I'd like button 12 to activate button 10, for example. [/b]

try the profiling software which came with it. I've not really fel the need to molest it yet but there should be a function in there...

<div class='quotemain'> Muse/Master,

Do you know if there is a way to map one button to another? I'd like button 12 to activate button 10, for example. [/b]

try the profiling software which came with it. I've not really fel the need to molest it yet but there should be a function in there...
[/b][/quote]

you can map buttons to keys, swap axis and run macros, but I can't find anything for mapping one button to another

<div class='quotemain'>If you want one, make sure it's a wired controller, coz the Wired 360 controller is a USB, the wireless one won't work on the pc.[/b]
If you use this device, a wireless 360 controller will work on your PC. The description even suggests all wireless 360 products will work with it. I just built a PS2-to-PC device and use an old, semi-broken PS2 pad if I need one for my PC. They can be picked up fairly cheaply too, considering they're fairly simple devices.

Although, as has been mentioned, you really want to get out of using a gamepad for first-person shooters, especially if you intend to compete online. PC shooters are made with that kind of twitch response in mind, which cant easily be replicated in a less-sensitive device such as a gamepad. [/b][/quote]

You have made a good choice since even Logitech gamepads are a bit more expensive, they are a lot more resistant than no-name gamepads. I experienced it myself. Nevertheless, you will find that sport games impose a repetitive use of the same button (for example the pass button), and sometimes it is a good idea to change that button in order to avoid surprises during game action. :wall:

Don't know if anyone has mentioned it or not, just skimmed through but you could always get the Microsoft 360 wireless pack, if you havent got a 360 controller already you can get a pack with one in it.

Wireless controllers > future :p

i always struggle with pads on pc first person shooters. i don't know why because i'm fine with them on a console. can anyone recommend a really good one? at the moment i've got a logitech dual action or some such.

I use the Logitech Rumblepad II

Ive never had any troubles with it, it works like a charm plus its exactly the same setup as a PS2 or Xbox controller which kinda helps when people start posting control hints/tips

Get one and i guarantee you wont be disappointed

For me, the best is thrustmaster firestrom digital 3. And it's the cheapest gamepad.

I have also got the rumblepad and I am happy with it, never had any troubles with it so far and got it for about a year.

yeah, the rumblepad is awome. i have mine for 2 years now. an its sill good as new!

Latest posts