• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Who do you think is the fastest Winger of all time

Just wanted to give an honorable mention to Joe Rokocoko, maybe he's not the fastest of them all but definitely up there with the best when he's in top shape. There's something about his runs that make it look electric.

Also I agree with MunsterMan that another honorable mention goes to Cullen, I absolutely love his runs, and the more I watch him the more I think it wasn't just the speed, he sensed exactly where to run so that the defence gets all mixed up. http://youtube.com/watch?v=LQZbe_NiYy0

Please can everybody stop being really really unintelligent about the Habana vs Cheetah thing. If anyone here actually thinks he raced the cheetah with the goal of actually beating it, then you need serious help. Come on people. He did it as a charity event to raise money for their protection here in South Africa.

So please, drop the "OMFG he is fastest because he races cheetah" thing. It's getting ridiculous at the stupidity levels of some...

I can also race a cheetah, will that make me the fastest person around???

It really depends what you call the fastest...In Rugby, very often the most useful speed, is speed over the first 10-20 metres..

This is very different than even a sprinter in the 100metres at the olympics. A Rugby player rarely gets the chance to run 100metres, and often when they do, the guys we thought were the fastest are ran down by guys who we didn't realise were as fast, simply because they havent got that zing over 10-20 metres, and off the mark...

Anybody know what Habana does the 100m in?? Thought Chavanga was actually quicker than him but just not the all round article...

Caucau surely

habana does 10.2 i think (surely with an illegal wind reading though, he's quick but not that quick)

Jason Robinson
Cullen
M.Pesamino :)
dan Luger??

Asafa Powell can do 100m in studs on grass in 9.97 :eek:

Don't know about back in the day but these days its got to be either:

Tonderai Chavhanga OR Jongi Nokwe OR J.Rokocoko

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chingnow @ Aug 22 2008, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Jason Robinson
Cullen
M.Pesamino :)
dan Luger??

Asafa Powell can do 100m in studs on grass in 9.97 :eek:[/b]

yeah jason robinson would be my pick for quickest off the mark. cullen for absolute speed & agility.

Latest posts