Jaguares

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Argentina
Club or Nation
Argentina
Who and why? Without Leigh Halfpenny who is injured

I'd say Farrell. Been pretty accurate so far both for penalties and tactical kicking. Halfpenny is more accurate but I don't think his tactical kicking is that good.

well this thread would be more interesting if it had the smell of barbecue with it, would attract more people, but uhm Shonafan Sestin.

well this thread would be more interesting if it had the smell of barbecue with it, would attract more people, but uhm Shonafan Sestin.

This part of the forum would be more interesting if the European teams play better. France could be champion and his game has been awful. I prefer to talk about Super Rugby.

Cheers

This part of the forum would be more interesting if the European teams play better. France could be champion and his game has been awful. I prefer to talk about Super Rugby.

Cheers

ehh, no smell of meat, no attracting la gente. It's a cruel reality. Also, you should watch the Top 14, that's where all the Argies are at !!

Certainly not Sexton I've gotta say. He's not bad but his technique is bad. Takes an age to kick it and strikes poorly sometimes. Not just having a go about the NZ kick. He gets most of his kicks but you'd expect an international out half to.
I've gotta say Farrell. He's great under pressure and only falls behind 1/2Penny with his range.
Pienaar too if we're talking club guys too.
Honourable mention to Rob Cook due to THAT ASS. Not to mention that despite worthy of having dollar bills stuffed down his panties, the technique seems to work

Clearly Sexton, a proven Kicker with the bottle to kick under extreme pressure.

Sexton's technique is inconsistant. He varies the time waiting over the ball and usually if he takes too long he misses, ala New Zealand! That said Farrell is either really good or really bad so take your pick of consistent 80% kicking or 100% kicking with the odd 20%.

Going by this tournament, the answer is Machenaud, but he has taken less kicks than most of the front line kickers in the tournament, so its slightly misleading.

Next down on percentage is Sexton, who's leading Farrell by a couple of percentage points. Btw, kicking this tournament has been very poor by usual standards.

http://rugby.statbunker.com/competitions/KickingStrikeRate?comp_id=448

End of last 6N tournament, I believe Farrell had an 80pc international kicking rate, Sexton had an 88pc. I don't believe the overall rate has changed much until this tournament.

So, statistically, the answer is Sexton, and I have seen nothing in performances to suggest advancing Farrell in front of the statistically superior man. Machenaud hasn't had enough games to prove consistency for me. Laidlaw is in awful form with the boot (54pc or so). So...

Sexton.

Dan Biggar and Tom Heathcote could be in with shouts. Both went on a 30+ 100% kick success rate this season/last season.

I was going to say Biggar but you beat me too it. Didn't he a couple of seasons ago have a ridiculous amount of successful kicks in a row?

Yeah not Farrell. He has a reputation of being a very good kicker, part of the 'ice man' / new Wilkinson thing the media love to spin about him. However while he can match Halfpenny for accuracy when he is on form, he has a tendency to go off the boil rapidly, especially if he's been rattled.

Obviously his kicking percentages show that when his head is in the right place he kicks excellently. However for me you can't be labeled the best kicking in a hemisphere if you're liable to implode every five or six games.

i would have said laidlaw if it was last season but he isn't doing too great with the boot but i know he doesn't kick for scotland but i'd reacon that stuart hogg would do well with the boot for scotland

Have to put Patchell in there as well, just for his ridiculous range. 1/2p takes the 'short' ones for the Blues nowadays (ie 40-50m)

Latest posts