• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

who simply doesnt deserve there place in the lions squad, or who should be replaced if possible due

Too early really to make any kind of conclusive statement about it with 7 games still to go, but im bored so i'll do it anyway.

Powell - one dimensional and isnt even on form. Gamble hasnt really paid off so far.

Rees - Decent player but couldnt hit a blimp with a rocket launcher. His selection above Best is inexplicable.

Williams probably did deserve his place when selected but I don't think he deserves a test place now. Let's face it though, he is there because he's Shane Williams.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Jun 10 2009, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Williams probably did deserve his place when selected but I don't think he deserves a test place now. Let's face it though, he is there because he's Shane Williams.[/b]

We have the same issue in the Springbok camp. Schalk Burger doesn't deserve to be there, but he is because he is Schalk Burger. Reputation far out-weighs form.

MOD Prestwick says:

C_71_article_1015811_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

It does sound a bit confusing. Curse my South African way!!! What i mean is that he is in the squad thanks to the reputation he has, as opposed to the form he is in...

Uuuuuuhhhhhhnnnnnnn!

MOD Prestwick says:

Anyone got cast-iron proof that Prestwick and Will Greenwood aren't the same person?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Jun 10 2009, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What the hell???!!!???

MOD Prestwick says:

[/b]

The words you type are not of an honest nature. Burger is great. I would even go so far as to say...

Burger > Chabal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Jun 10 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Jun 10 2009, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What the hell???!!!???

MOD Prestwick says:

[/b]

The words you type are not of an honest nature. Burger is great. I would even go so far as to say...

Burger > Chabal

[/b][/quote]

:cheers:

Burger uses Croft as a toothpick after he's done eating Chabal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Jun 9 2009, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Shane Williams, based on recent performance/lions performance, shouldn't be there imo
Keith Earls - was surprised to see him called up, not as good as any of the other wingers and he hasn't played very well
Worseley - can tackle but not much else
Shaw - good player in his day but past it imo[/b]

someone that agrees with me

thank you

TBH I think Worsley would be a good 19 for the test matches, the Boks will probably be throwing up bombs in the 10 - 13 channels and shoulders will get tired by 60 minutes. Having a fresh Joe on the field would be a good countermeasure to a late try through defensive tiring.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dundeesmiffy @ Jun 11 2009, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
TBH I think Worsley would be a good 19 for the test matches, the Boks will probably be throwing up bombs in the 10 - 13 channels and shoulders will get tired by 60 minutes. Having a fresh Joe on the field would be a good countermeasure to a late try through defensive tiring.[/b]
That's a good point, i've no idea how well the Lions will perform against SA, it might be 80minutes of defending, where a big hitter will be needed

I'm beginning to become more convinced that Worsley was only picked for his performance v Wales in the 6N.

You mean if I stand around in Cardiff and let a bunch of really short Welshmen run into me for 80 minutes, I could become a Lion too? o_O

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jun 12 2009, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You mean if I stand around in Cardiff and let a bunch of really short Welshmen run into me for 80 minutes, I could become a Lion too? o_O[/b]
No, silly.

You don't support or play for Wasps.

Latest posts