• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

who thinks ireland can win it all

like it was impossible to loose against the argies ... anyway the team who will win this fr-ire will go to 1/4. the 3 teams could finish first like 3rd ...
[/b]

Well, the probabilities (without counting in any draw) are as follows:
This are the Actual points
Arg 9
Ire 9
Fra 6
Geo 1
Nam 0

Take a (+) as game won to this country (for instance, Ar: -Ir, + Na means that Ar will lose against Ireland and win against Namibia)
Stars are the most probable results, and parenthesis are my final-points prediction and why.

Possible final points
* Ar: + Ir, + Na 17, 18 or 19 (18, no bonus from Ire)
* Ar: - Ir, + Na 13, 14 or 15 (15, bonus from Ire)
Ar: + Ir, - Na 13, 14 or 15
Ar: - Ir, - Na 9, 10 or 11

Ir: + Fr, + Ar 17, 18 or 19
* Ir: -Fr, + Ar 13, 14 or 15 (14, no bonus from Ar, bonus from Fr)
Ir: + Fr, - Ar 13, 14 or 15
* Ir: -Fr, - Ar 9, 10 or 11 (go home)

* Fr: +Ge, + Ir 14, 15 or 16 (14, no bonus from Ir nor from Geo)
* Fr: +Ge, - Ir 10, 11or 12 (go home)
Fr: - Ge, - Ir 6, 7 or 8
Fr: - Ge, + Ir 10, 11 or 12

If I am not wrong, that means that Arg should go 1st, and France 2nd (more tries than Ireland) to die with the All blacks, and Arg with probabilities to win over Scotland and to die with South Africa (unless a miracle help us, to be realistic)
Tho only possibility I see to be the reverse case, is Ar losing with Ire and France winning both games with bonus from both games.

Who does agree with this analysis?

France will pump Ireland, and they will get steamrolled by the Argies a week later. Bye Bye Ireland.

The way Ireland is playing at the moment I dont think they could not do it.
But what if they keep there best for last......
I dont know

I think that Irish are upset and they have nothing to loose anymore. They can beat Argentina (and that would be good for France)...

I think that Irish are upset and they have nothing to loose anymore. They can beat Argentina (and that would be good for France)...
[/b]

The same is valid for the other games, those that they played terrible. Especially against France. They should have win, but they lost.
They not only have to win vs Arg, but they have also to score 4 tries and get the bonus.... Let me remind you that no tries were scored yet in the Argentinian ingoal.... :lol2tn:

Its true, Argentina have defended well, I can see Ireland maybe winning, and maybe scoring a couple of tries as they have little to lose, but there will be too much pressure to get four.

Ireland did not win everything because we beat them but I hope that Ireland is going to beat Argentina!

I don't think they can do it, I just hope they will.
Come on Ireland, I don't want France to play New Zealand so early!

Ireland win the WC? <_<
Lay off the drugs mate.
You shoulda put 20 bucks on the springboks before the tournament. I did and could win 140 if they go all the way.

Latest posts