• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

who will fund pro womens rugby?

the mens FA have jut had to pump in millions into womens football...why dont they form a seperate organization? same thing coming the way of the rugby unions...this could bankrupt rugby

Did you actually read my post about how men get paid more in ATP tours than women for the same amount of work? Yes it is all about advertising and TV, which we've all agreed is the main reason men's sports are better paid. But you can't criticise one let of circumstances while completely ignoring another that contradicts it, that's hypocrisy.

I don't agree with the situation in the Grand Slams, or with the ATP tour and they don't cancel each other out. As for Bushytops comment about people watching men's more than women's, well in that case everyone should be paid based on their own game. If you were to take all the revenue from Nadal vs Federer for example vs every first round player who loses straight away, some of the revenue generated by those two players ends up with players who haven't brought any people to watch them. Is that fair on Nadal and Federer as well as the other top players because realistically those are the players people go to watch?

I'm sure you'll say it's not practical and I agree, my point is that it's not a simple issue and you make blanket statements based on one point rather than looking at the whole picture.
I had to log in to express my amazement that this hasn't been corrected yet, even after 3 pages.

Women's tennis isn't part of the ATP tour, women's tennis has their own WTA tour.

Latest posts