Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Georgia

• Namibia

• Total voters
S

SaiNTLY SiNNeR

plain and simple, who will come out of the toughest group??? vote the top 2...

France in France should go through but I also think Argentina will go through in front of Ireland. But I have no idea really just a guess

I went for Ireland and France, in no particular order. I'm assuming all teams play to their potential. If they do, I dont see the Argies upsetting the odds. I'm not saying it wont be close and I'm not writing off anyone off, but I think France and Irelands big-match experience will make a difference.

Thats the nature of the group of death and this one in particular. There is sod all between the sides.

Someone +rep me for being the first to vote :D [/b]
This aint a popularity contest, its a feckin rugby forum.

Would be great to see Argentina go through, but can't see it happening if the Irish and French come out firing on all cylinders.

Having said that, the nature of the world cup and the inconsistency of the french will always allow for the possibility of an upset

Ireland may bottle it i reckon, against argentina, i think they will choke it....

Argentina and Ireland i'd like to see but feel it will be Argentina and France , im really backing the puma's this year :)

Ireland will lose convincingly to France but I reckon they'll sneak home against Argentina but not by much. However if Argentina beat France (which is entirely possible given France's erratic form) the whole thing could come down to points difference.

I'm suprised so many people are voting for the Puma's! Sure they're a good side, but don't have the experience or the class of France or Ireland. Both sides will demolish them IMO.. I hope too many people aren't judging Ireland on the tests against Argentina last month! Although seeing as your all rugby fans thats unlikely.. but so many ignorant people were shocked, without realising we were playing all reserves!!!

I'm suprised so many people are voting for the Puma's! Sure they're a good side, but don't have the experience or the class of France or Ireland. Both sides will demolish them IMO.. I hope too many people aren't judging Ireland on the tests against Argentina last month! Although seeing as your all rugby fans thats unlikely.. but so many ignorant people were shocked, without realising we were playing all reserves!!! [/b]

It was almost the same for the Pumas. They never fielded their full strength team, no Roncero, no Ledesma, no Pichot, no Hernandez, no Corleto, no Longo, ...

<div class='quotemain'> I'm suprised so many people are voting for the Puma's! Sure they're a good side, but don't have the experience or the class of France or Ireland. Both sides will demolish them IMO.. I hope too many people aren't judging Ireland on the tests against Argentina last month! Although seeing as your all rugby fans thats unlikely.. but so many ignorant people were shocked, without realising we were playing all reserves!!! [/b]

It was almost the same for the Pumas. They never fielded their full strength team, no Roncero, no Ledesma, no Pichot, no Hernandez, no Corleto, no Longo, ...
[/b][/quote]

SSSHHHHHHHHH. Don`t tell him that Don. The harder they come the harder they fall...

Ireland won't lose in this pool.

France will draw with them, at best. Argentina will lose to them, but the scoreline will depend on how the Irish backs are instructed to play - keep the scoreline ticking, or let rip.

Argentina will have to put everything in to the French match, because that's the second-place play-off.

A hearty welcome to our SH visitors! :p

I reckon Ireland will definitely go through.

I have a terrible feeling France won't though and Argentina will. But my head says France will beat them and go through.

Ireland won't lose in this pool.

France will draw with them, at best. Argentina will lose to them, but the scoreline will depend on how the Irish backs are instructed to play - keep the scoreline ticking, or let rip.

Argentina will have to put everything in to the French match, because that's the second-place play-off.

[/b]

france will draw at best are you kidding this is the team that beat ireland in the six nations. you have to admit that france are the favourites to win that game.

I've been following Argentina closely for the last couple of years, and they are a better team than many give them credit for. For a country not involved in a top-tier international competition, they have done remarkably well.

My tip is the Pumas to beat Ireland and finish 2nd in the pool. Then they pull off the biggest upset in the history of the world by beating NZ by 1 point, despite not scoring a try, through superior forwards, territorial advantage and penalties, with the odd drop goal. Anything is then possible come the semi's where they should meet the Wallabies.

Mock me if you will, but don't bre surprised to see Argentina at the pointy end of the World Cup.

Cheers,
Rusty

<div class='quotemain'> Ireland won't lose in this pool.

[/b]

france will draw at best are you kidding this is the team that beat ireland in the six nations. you have to admit that france are the favourites to win that game.

[/b][/quote]

Ireland beat themselves.

i can't believe how many irish fans seem to think they will walk the pool. France are favourites. they played poorly against Ireland in the 6N and won. This time they're at home. Argentina have beaten Ireland enough before to be considered a threat. I can't remember the last time i saw any side dominate the Puma pack, and they have increased their firepower behind the scrum. Ireland are good, likely better than Ireland, but they haven't won any trophies, and are in no way looking head and shoulders above their rivals.