Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bulls

• Brumbies

• Western Force

• Total voters
Who has been the most improved team this season? Any surprises?
[/b]

We seem to be seeing more falling from grace than improvment.
The Western Force came out strong and looked pretty good but are now sort of flailing around.
the biggest fall would have to be the Warraths and the Hurricanes.
If you can get to see a few games things are starting to pickup scoring wise with some surprissingly high scoring games.

Can anyone beat the Crusaders? at home?

No!

they are too good and will get home ground advantage for the semi's and finals, if any team stands a chance it will have to be away from cantebury, its a shame they couldnt have the finals at a neutral venue, (champions league style) but then you cant expect supporters to travel between countries to watch a game

ah well looks like Crusaders will dominate S14 until the 2011

Any team that wants to win the S14 will have to win the Saders, but no team is unbeatable. Anything can still happen in the semi's.

Who has been the most improved team this season? Any surprises?
[/b]

the western force have been the most improved this season. i guess it was expected because of big name signings such as matt giteau and drew mitchell.

however in the last couple of games both the crusaders and chiefs have given the force over 50 point hidings.

other improved teams are the blues and the sharks compared to last year

a few surprises this season. a major one is SA african teams winning games away from home, something they haven't done in the past few years.

other surprises, the depth of nz rugby, some awsome players coming through the ranks especially in blues and crusaders.

Some of you have forgotten about the Lions.. They've improved a lot.

Tahs have lost some players, so no surprise there.
The Hurricanes were without their All Blacks. 5 from the forwards. Thats a lot. As well as Weepu. But I think the fact they were missing their forwards hurt them the most.

Lions and the Force for the most improved. But now thats its crunch time, you'll probably see them fall back into the lower half of the table.

The Blues have always had the talent, so it could be said its no real surprise they're in the top 4.
The Sharks have employed John Plumtree, and that's a big plus for them. They'll be the new Hurricanes imo. Talent to make the top 4, but not enough to win a ***le.

The Blues and the Brumbies have shown that the Crusaders are beatable in finals footy.

Yeah agree with wellycane the crusaders are hard to stop!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/b]

They are beatable....but it will take a gigantic effort to do that, but like Mimic said - the Blues & Brumbies have done it before and can do it again. So can the Sharks.

the only way to beat the crusaders is to have home ground advantage and hope that they dont show up

I'm sure they've been beaten at Jade?

Unless you're a South African team, then that rule probably applies.

Well, in terms of finals they haven't lost at Jade, I don't think ever? I could be wrong. But I'm sure they lose at Jade in round robin play :p

They won 98,99,2000, 2002, 2005, 2006
They lost to the Brumbies in Canberra in 2004
They lost to the Blues in Auckland on 2003
They didn't make the semis in 2001, no NZ team did.. I remember that year..
96 and 97 they were one of the worst NZ teams, so I'd be surprised if they made the semis then..

But in terms of round robin matches, I do remember the Blues beating them at Jade. Although I remember Carlos being there, so it may be a while :p

Edit: If I'm wrong, forgive me, its 3:11am in the morning :p

The Stormers beat the Crusaders last year!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

But they rested their star players :D :D :D

If my memory serves me right, I think the last time the Crusaders lost at Jade Stadium was in 2004 to the Blues.

You're correct Mimic in that Carlos Spencer was in the team. He scored a cheeky try right on the corner, near the dead ball line, and right in front of the home fans. To add salt to the wound, he kicked the touchline conversion. What a game!! :D

Well, in terms of finals they haven't lost at Jade, I don't think ever? I could be wrong. But I'm sure they lose at Jade in round robin play :p

96 and 97 they were one of the worst NZ teams, so I'd be surprised if they made the semis then..

But in terms of round robin matches, I do remember the Blues beating them at Jade. Although I remember Carlos being there, so it may be a while :p

[/b]

1998 was Eden Park... oh how I hate Adrian Cashmore.

lol yes Juggernaut, the conversion denied the Crusaders a bonus point :D That was a great break out try.

1998 was the changing of the guard really. A sad sad time for the Blues til 03 :D

1998 was Eden Park... oh how I hate Adrian Cashmore.
[/quote

Yeah the only thing I remembered how no NZ team made the semis that year was when I saw on the front of a newspaper a day after the last round robin matches, 5 men each wearing the NZ team shirts walking down the street.........carrying a coffin. That was funny but also sad too. :wah:

Hi,
My favorits teams of the 3 nations are:
Crusaders, Brumbies & Sharks.
Western Force and Lions are very good for the first year...Blues still strong also...
I've voted Crusaders B)
Cheers!

Latest posts