• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Who'll be the Top Try Scorer

Likely Candidates are Nonu & Muliaina for the All Blacks

Hard to say who will be up there in terms of the wingers because no-one can predict who will get gametime there. Could be jane, Could be Kahui, Could be Toeava, Or Guildford though he may likely be rested for the first game after a Huge workload in super15. Gear would be likely if he weren't injured.

For Aussie I'd bet on JOC again I think he was top try scorer for them last year.

Who knows for SA, so many of their backs trys are from intercrpts and from posession they score more through the forwards and guys like Burger & Spies. Habanna hasn't been a threat for a while and I dont expect him to score more than 1 or 2 trys maybe not even that if he's rested for a couple of games.

HAHAHA. Totally agree with you there mate, JOC to top the tryscoring board.

My outside bet is Adam Thomson, he scored as many tries as Hosea Gear did in the Super XV, I think Zac Guildford's got a good shout with his Crusaders team mates DC & SBW inside him, he may not even get picked though ! lol

I would have picked Rene Ranger, but he didn't even make the AB's squad !

Failing that Adam Ashley- Cooper, he's get the knack of crossing the line & Quade's gonna create plenty of space for his outside backs.

PS I am also very indecisive !

NZ: SBW or Nonu whichever one plays more
Aus: JO'C
S.A: Fourie
Eng: Foden
France: Medard
Ire: BOD or Bowe
Wales: Williams
Scotland: Probably won't score a try :D
Italy: Masi
Argentina: ?
Samoa: Tuilagi
I don't know the other teams well enough to pick.

Overall: *All Blacks 12

NZ: SBW or Nonu whichever one plays more
Aus: JO'C
S.A: Fourie
Eng: Foden
France: Medard
Ire: BOD or Bowe
Wales: Williams
Scotland: Probably won't score a try :D
Italy: Masi
Argentina: ?
Samoa: Tuilagi
I don't know the other teams well enough to pick.

Overall: *All Blacks 12

Think you got the wrong idea it's for the 3n.

You have a point though. Who will be top try scorer in the W.C. obviously it depends how far you get.

Alesana Tuilagi - Will score four tries against Namibia. (I'm being biased)

I've got money on Guildford and CJ after their showing against the Boks. From the Wallabies though, AAC and Digby will have my bet, those two just have a knack for scoring tries!

smart money has to go on Cory Jane or Guildford now though there is likely to be some rotation in the AB's outside backs with Gear and Sivivatu set to get more time. As there are only 4 games for each team compated to 6 the top number may not be very high. But ZG and CJ already have two each which is a big boost.

The way the AB's are playing is setting up the wings again where over the last few years more trys have been scored in the midfield.

Andrew Hore!!! lol...

No seriously I think it's going to be Ma'a Nonu

yeah, that's a good bet. He had a lot of work to score that try against the Wallabies in the last game and made it look easy.

Latest posts