• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

whos the most underrated team

Y

yyyc186

we all know that the all-blacks are going to win the world-cup (hopefully) but who do you think the best minnow team will be? There is always one team that does better than expected. what's your choice?

I'd say Canada, sure I am a bit biased but I don't think an upset is too out of the question for us. We seem to be a fastly improving side.

a pacific islands team or scotland

sadly i dont see the us going anywhere with jerkus hercus and chad erskine at halfbacks..

Either Argentina or Italy. Although, some teams are now giving them some respect.

italy now or never for them [/b]

:huh:

What are you talking about?

It isn't 'now or never' at all. Their performances are steadily getting better, they have some top class young guys coming to the fore, and the Italian public are taking more interest in rugby than ever before.

Things are going in the right direction for them and will undoubtedly continue to move forward.

I would also go with canada i think wales need to watch out in the world cup other wise the worst could happen a loss to an american side in rugby...

could be the worst day in welsh rugby if that happens..

no offence to canada i just mean it's not like it's your first sport etc...

SACK THE WRU board lol

Argentina or Italy for me, neither really get much respect from the Tri and Five Nations countries but are improving all the time especially the Pumas who are a match for anyone on their day.

I would also go with canada i think wales need to watch out in the world cup other wise the worst could happen a loss to an american side in rugby...

could be the worst day in welsh rugby if that happens..
[/b]

Don't quote me on this, and i will confirm whether my statement is true or simply a falsification, but i believe Canada have beaten us before in rugby.

Apparently the Canadians have beaten Argentina, England, Wales, France, and Scotland. Scotland was the most recent, the others were over a decade ago.

In 1993, Canada beat Wales in Cardiff. 26-24.

Apparently the Canadians have beaten Argentina, England, Wales, France, and Scotland. Scotland was the most recent, the others were over a decade ago.

In 1993, Canada beat Wales in Cardiff. 26-24. [/b]

That's incredibly unbelievable!

Samoa...like they always do. ;)

[/b]

Edit: Definitely Canada! :D

I'm gonna back Fiji for this one. Even though we didnt perform reasonably well in the Pacific Nations Cup and against Australia, I still believe we will cause an upset in France.

i dont think that we should judge canada on the nz game. however i always knew that a canada a team is better than a france b/c team. japan and canada are 2 teams which are definatly boardering on the top 10 teams.

and i wouldnt say argentina are underrated anymore. i think everyone knows they are a real threat now, and have at least a chance on the quarters.

Canada in the early 90's was one of the top teams in world rugby, we managed to beat many of the top test nations and we even qualified for the 1991 WC quarter finals losing to NZ 29-13 in a game called the battle of Lille. Unfortunately when professionalism came Canada didn't evolve and we took a step backwards which we are now only just starting to rectify. There is a wealth of untapped talent in this country. We are known for producing big, strong, athletic individuals who enjoy physical contact, the focus now is geting those big boys to pick up rugby when they are young.

im hoping all 3 pacific island nations play well against the top dawgs