• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

whos the most underrated team

Fiji and Samoa are going to get slaughtered in the scrum - end of story.

Argentina aren't underrated - they're overrrated.

Caaaaanada. They looked handy against the ABs, and they're up against Wales, who pride themselves on disrupting superior opposition. Maybe Wales will get a taste of their own medicine, especially if they try to play the "Welsh Way" (ie. AB vintage vinegar from 2003).

I think Italy although showing their strengh in the 6N are still underrrated by the general public and press of the home nations. They will enjoy a superb world cup.

The most overrrated team is Ireland. They have good things: great lineout, good kicker and the class of BOD; but they think they are Wales in the 70`s. If it weren` t for O`Driscoll, they would be the Flinstones XV

I'd say Samoa or Italy...but I am hoping it is the Americans (gotta root for the homeland)

I love it when everyone is writing off Fiji's chances. Maybe rightly so but I wouldnt count my chicks before the eggs hatch yet....

I'm going to stick my bum up in the air and say Australia are one of the most underrated teams ever. Italy also. But dear lord am I sick of Ireland, overrated to the bloody max. Some of the Irish fans just f*** me off. Next you'll be saying Beckham deserves that £125 million for being a great footballer. At least the English fans admit their team are ****.

Italy at the moment are too limited to improve on what they have acheived this year. I'd also like to say any of the Pacific Island teams are underrated but they are going to struggle to improve due to the imbalance of wealth that exist in union.

Australia probably. No one had them down for the World Cup really, yet again they have shown they can beat the best. Argentina were underrated but everyones aware of them.

I think it might be possible that people undersetimate the England team. True Ashton looks like a kid they've plucked out of a sweet shop and put in charge (obviously he doesn't look like a kid, he looks more like Ming Campbell) but I think England rugby could get it right in the big games. Stop laughing.

I'm not saying I'm expecting a win but a few surprising results could happen, after all it is a world cup.

Either Argentina or Italy. Although, some teams are now giving them some respect.
[/b]
I think Argentina are tremendously underrated. They have got some quality players in Augustin Pichot and Juan Fernandez-Miranda. The pacific island nation countries always seem to put up whole-hearted performances as well.

See Samoa don't suprise me by playing well, they normally disappoint me by not playing as well as I expect, I think Portugal will be the suprise team, they won't progress but they will be pacey and skillful with ball in hand

Theres always a few teams that can cause an upset on their day, Argentina, Fiji, Samoa, but unfortunatly thats all it will be, and the semi-finals will probably have the usual look to them, such is the gap between the top tier countries and the rest.

Fiji will only have a chance if they manage to beat Wales.

Australia beat Fiji way too comfortably a couple of months ago, and I can see Australia beating them by another 50 points.

I'd love to see Canada do well and beat Wales. It would be great for rugby if they could go back to their early 90's glory days.

I do believe Italy will beat Scotland and make it to the quarter finals.

Also, I'd love to see France lose to both Ireland and Argentina.

As for Samoa - they're tough at every World Cup and if they manage to beat England I'll be very happy.

Canada: for some reason people overrate them.
Argentina: underrated by N hemisphere fans who still cannot believe that a second-rate Southern team can do whatever it wants with England and France. Bye bye Ireland.
The Pacific Nations: don't have the strength to pull it off.

Strangely, I expect Italy to do quite nicely, though for 3-4 years I believed they were completely out of place in the 7 nations.

Maybe Argentina. They should be allowed to participate in the Tri-Nations. I don't think they'd be easy to beat in home ground.

I'd say Australia *were* underrated, but after actually holding their own in the Trinations, fewer people are sticking them with the the pathetic loser label.

Oh, and I HOPE Japan are underrated, because it would be nice to see them do well and create a bit more interest in rugby over here as it is a bit of a fringe sport.

FIJI IS UNDERATED BECAUSE WE HAVENT BEEN TO THE QUARTERS FOR THE WORLD CUP SINCE 1980'S.

FIJI IS UNDERATED BECAUSE WE HAVENT BEEN TO THE QUARTERS FOR THE WORLD CUP SINCE 1980'S. [/b]

That doesn't mean their under-rated, that means their rubbish! ;)

Argentina are by far the most underrated at the moment in world rugby , as are spain ... no jokes , many people just laugh but they are only just outside of world cup qualification and have some good players including sale sharks winger oriol ripol ... soon they'll be making the world cup

Latest posts