• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

whos the most underrated team

I really struggle to see how the Argies can be considered an underestimated team these days. Reading some of the comments, about the Argies possibly being able to upset one of the top 5 teams, well consider this- the Argies ARE at present a top 5 team, according to the official IRB rankings. Yup, they find themselves ranked as high as 5th at the moment, and rightly so.

Also, people are predicting an "upset" victory somewhere along the line for the Argies. Well, they`ve won 3 of their last 4 meetings against France on French soil. They`ve become something of a bogey team for the French in the process. They`ve also won their last 2 meetings with the Irish. Granted, Ireland were nowhere near full-strength for the recent tour. But then again, nor were the Argies.

And then you also need to consider- the Argies did the business against England at Twickers in Nov. Sure, England are nowhere near the side of 2000-2003 at present, but beating them at Fortress Twickers still takes some doing.Just ask the French about the six nations. And they also gave the AB`s the fright of their lives recently.

So are they really a dark horse side, or are they already a top tier team? Well, you decide. Suffice to say that I`ve yet to see an Argie pack struggle. Ever. And these days, with players like Hernandez, Contepomi and Pichot to spark their backs, well they`re looking like the real deal to me. Definite contenders for a quarter spot, hell maybe even a semi.

I really struggle to see how the Argies can be considered an underestimated team these days. Reading some of the comments, about the Argies possibly being able to upset one of the top 5 teams, well consider this- the Argies ARE at present a top 5 team, according to the official IRB rankings. Yup, they find themselves ranked as high as 5th at the moment, and rightly so.

Also, people are predicting an "upset" victory somewhere along the line for the Argies. Well, they`ve won 3 of their last 4 meetings against France on French soil. They`ve become something of a bogey team for the French in the process. They`ve also won their last 2 meetings with the Irish. Granted, Ireland were nowhere near full-strength for the recent tour. But then again, nor were the Argies.

And then you also need to consider- the Argies did the business against England at Twickers in Nov. Sure, England are nowhere near the side of 2000-2003 at present, but beating them at Fortress Twickers still takes some doing.Just ask the French about the six nations. And they also gave the AB`s the fright of their lives recently.

So are they really a dark horse side, or are they already a top tier team? Well, you decide. Suffice to say that I`ve yet to see an Argie pack struggle. Ever. And these days, with players like Hernandez, Contepomi and Pichot to spark their backs, well they`re looking like the real deal to me. Definite contenders for a quarter spot, hell maybe even a semi.
[/b]

I totally agree. You can't be an underestimated team for the last 5 years without "arriving" into tier one. Their victories record over tier one countries over the last few years (without looking up all the data) must be in the top five in the world.

For me, I think Canada will impress, but to be fair, I just dont get the opportunity to see many intls outside the 6N and 3N teams. so many teams for me are an unknown quantity.

But the Canadians hung it tough with the ABs for 65 minutes last time round, so picking they are an improving outfit.

Wat do u classify as a minnow team??
haha, but with teams like wales running in with **** form every1 will expect them to fall over themselves, but they wont cos there wont b any injuries and plus theyll put a full strength team out.
But it has 2 be 1 of the islander teams, mayb samoa and if they dont make an impact at least Brian Limas around to smash some people.
Fiji will smash some defences if rupeni plays well

We are currently ranked 6th in the world and going into the group of death as massive underdogs against two of the worlds top 5. No one expects us to succeed, everyone expects us to miss out on the group stages.

I'm going for Ireland. ;) :huh:

Argentina is gonna surprise everyone. [/b]
Well if they do happen to pull something out of the hat then it'll be a bloody HUGE surprise considering their loss to Wales.

To be honest I think Argentina are not at all underrated, quite the opposite actually.

i agree you cant judge a team on non competitive test matches where other teams are trying out different players

I think Argentina and Samoa the two most underrated teams. I hope in the World Cup Argentina going through to quarter finals.

Well, after their plucky performance against the Irish tonight, the Italians might have a couple of Scottish hearts fluttering a bit. Scotland vs. Italy`s starting to look like a helluva game too. Especially the Azurri scrum`s looking pretty awesome...

I think italy is gonna make it to the QFinals, argentina might go as far as the semi.

I agree that the Pumas are not really underated - I think we're all well aware for their potential, they're hardly underdogs.

Italy, on the otherhand, are a bit underated. They've been the perenial joke of the six nations since their introduction to the tournament, and people are quick to write them off. But along with their first away win in the 6 nations this year has come a growing amount of confidence, and I can honestly see them causing some trouble in their group.

I'm not saying they're going to beat NZ...

well i think it officially has to be the tongan team now! they weren't given a show at all and now their playin for the quarter final spot against england!

samoa have probably been one of the most under-performed teams.. after ireland

Tonga for me, have vastly impressed me in this tournament, always been in the shadow of samoa but they are now excelling, very impressive

Is Argentina and Italy still minnows?
Everyone know all 3 pacific teams can harm almost anyone.
Georgia is most underrated

Latest posts