• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

whos the most underrated team

Fool on the person who underestimates Argentina.

I don't think they are the most underrated team anymore.
They used to be, but i think people have accepted that the players they have play a very high standard of European rugby - it would be hard to ignore them.

italy, i would say argentina but they seem to get more credit and i guess italy are getting more after some good 6n performances this year

Fool on the person who underestimates Argentina.[/b]

Fool on the person who overestimates Argentina.

European rugby is a lot heavier and cannier than is understood in the SH. Arg will be done by half-time in the French match, and by Q3 in the Irish match. Distant third in pool D.

<div class='quotemain'> Fool on the person who underestimates Argentina.[/b]

Fool on the person who overestimates Argentina.

European rugby is a lot heavier and cannier than is understood in the SH. Arg will be done by half-time in the French match, and by Q3 in the Irish match. Distant third in pool D.
[/b][/quote]

It`s true: I heard Loffreda this morning, saying that, Pumas will not show up for Ireland`s game. The argument is that the irish are too strong and argentinian players were afraid of O`gara and especially D`arcy. In fact when they see an apostrophe they start shaking.

The argument is that the Irish are too strong and argentinian players were afraid of O`gara and especially D`arcy. [/b]
lol and you accuse the Irish of dismissing the Argentinian players? Every post is the same. Give it a rest or post something constructive.

Why are we even discussing Argentina as an underratted team. They are ranked above Wales and Scotland for gods sake. Where have you people been for the last 3 years. Wake up people!

<div class='quotemain'> The argument is that the Irish are too strong and argentinian players were afraid of O`gara and especially D`arcy. [/b]
lol and you accuse the Irish of dismissing the Argentinian players? Every post is the same. Give it a rest or post something constructive.

Why are we even discussing Argentina as an underratted team. They are ranked above Wales and Scotland for gods sake. Where have you people been for the last 3 years. Wake up people!
[/b][/quote]

Ask you fellow country man sthove.

The argument is that the irish are too strong and argentinian players were afraid of O`gara.... [/b]

I refuse to believe anybody playing in an Under 8's team would be afriad of him.

Surely it cant be just me that see's O' Gara as beeing more overated than Muller Rice? He is nothing special, he's no better than Stephen Jones and I'd even go as far to say that he is just as overhyped as Gavin Henson

I find it tough to rate Ronan O'Gara. I think as an attacking force he offers about as much as the aforementioned Muller Rice.

But there is two things he does right:
1) He must have had his legs tied as a child because the time he practices kicking out of hand is apprently phenomenal - and it wet weather he appears to have got it right and
2) He keeps things simple. Chris Malone at Bath didn't have an attacking bone in his body (nor a defensive one apparently) but he kept things simple, leaving Barkley and Berne to create things, and we had some of our best wins. It won't always cut it but having a FH who can releive pressure and centres who create things makes it a different defensive prospect.

Having said that I think the entire Ireland backline (with the excpetion of Hickey and D'Arcy) are overrated. That includes O'Driscoll (I can hear the moaning already) who has offered no glimpses of his phenomenol ability since the NZ (cheats?) got him. I think Ireland have realistically about as much chance as winning this world cup as England.

Surely it cant be just me that see's O' Gara as beeing more overated than Muller Rice? He is nothing special, he's no better than Stephen Jones and I'd even go as far to say that he is just as overhyped as Gavin Henson [/b]

Is Muller Rice overated? :blink: Wouldn't touch the stuff myself. Don't get me started on Pot Noodle though.

Seriously though O'Gara is a much improved player, he always had a great boot but has worked hard on other aspects of his game too. It is often overlooked that he has got good hands too and a great flat pass, would love for him to break more often but you can't have everything I suppose and at least he did it a few times successfully in the 6N this year. :bana:

Argentina can be the surprise of the next RWC, by the way in 1999 they have beatten Ireland in Lens.

Italy can hope the qualification too.

Argentina can be the surprise of the next RWC, by the way in 1999 they have beatten Ireland in Lens.

Italy can hope the qualification too.
[/b]

I have a feeling Argentina are going to beat one of the top 5 teams and maybe even go to the semi's.

Ireland and Italy could also do something special...

I think there are 3 the most underrated teams. Italy, and two pacific countries - Fiji and Samoa. They could make some surprises on the next World Cup.

That doesn't mean their under-rated, that means their rubbish ;)
[/quote]

1987-Fiji lost at quarters to RWC champs.. New Zealand....
1991-Fiji Team got cursed by black magic....no joke...only the Fijians know about it....thats why they lost all their games.
1995-They did not qualify.
2003-Rupeni Caucaunibuca was red carded in the France game and was banned for two games which they lost bonus points and they lost by 1 point to Scotland. Coach Mc macclion came in to select the squad as coach 1 month before the world cup, Mc maclian had controversial selections...after the world cup he resigned....he just messed it up and left.

i think that most nations are pretty much properly rated. id actually say canada may be under rated they seem to stand up pretty well against the top teams

Write off Argentina at your peril. They almost beat NZ in NZ last year if i recall, and Pichot is on the form of his life. If Argentina had more game time (why SANZAR won't allow them to join in the tri - nations is a tragedy) they would be an incredible team. But maybe having less game time is better for them - everyone is writing them off and we haven't had much time to see their strategies..

I am predicting a big upset at the hands of Argentina.

Ireland; Good consistant team with some great players...if they can get some fluidity in attack (that is; o'driscoll is on form) they should have a real chance

nah it was in argentina and the ABs had two senior test teams aswell as the u21s and juniors out in the same week but it still was pretty close

Latest posts