• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Why this game will be poor

I love the gaming noobs who come here and post their bit, slag the game off and run away.

There isn't a game to slag off right now.

Rugby 05, 06 & 08 were actually excellent.

rugby 06 was excellent, 08 was most certainly not. Rugby 08 was two years down the line - and what we got was effectively the same game. Just with even less attention paid to making the rosters accurate.

Let's not dress it up to be anything more than it was just because the series is now using this forum as its website. Whoever the developers/ publishers were for Rugby 08 rushed the game's completion so that they could get it out in time for the 07 world cup. Fact.

Not that getting it out in time for the RWC doesn't make perfect sense, just when you have 2 years to improve a game, it might be better to deliver a finished product.

Personally, I hope they spend 95% of the time on the new game making the playing aspects as good as they can, and 5% making rosters, players and teams very easy to edit & create so we can do it ourselves and get that side perfect, since it's obviously time-consuming and boring for the developers (based on previous efforts).

Agreed that 08 was more minor tweaks then a whole new game (and the roster for a large part did leave a lot to be desired), but the minor tweaks (isometric kick-off camera angles, the vastly improved drop-goals etc) made a world of difference. Fixing the roster/kits etc is hardly a massive challenge now.

I loved 06 and 08 equally, but I'm fairly easy to impress when it comes to games,
Unless it's truely terrible, I'll generally love it :p

08 was not that bad, 06 was the setting stone for the game.

Wait a second,to develop VGs isn't something extra-easy. Of Course the Videogamer's Dream(Developer's Nightmare) will still until a new Super-Engine-PureSuperPhysics appear. So,before a end in anyway, I'll ask and respond my self something. Why Does Rugby 06 seems better than R08? As you know, R06 was developed for PS2 and that the PS3 Appeared just in 2007,Unfortunately as PS3 was "a new thing" so far. EA betted that PS2 was having 2 years more of glory,what was wrong. Anyway they starting developing the game for PS2,and of course they used the R06 Pre-set,what I mean is,they just modified bullshit of R06,and didn't improve nothing or done any novelty. So, I said,we're playing the same game,so that's why we think R06 is better.
PDS:Sorry of my "not-so-Perfect" english. And sorry if you don't understand nothing I eventually write crep when the pharagraph is to looong :p

Wait a second,to develop VGs isn't something extra-easy. Of Course the Videogamer's Dream(Developer's Nightmare) will still until a new Super-Engine-PureSuperPhysics appear. So,before a end in anyway, I'll ask and respond my self something. Why Does Rugby 06 seems better than R08? As you know, R06 was developed for PS2 and that the PS3 Appeared just in 2007,Unfortunately as PS3 was "a new thing" so far. EA betted that PS2 was having 2 years more of glory,what was wrong. Anyway they starting developing the game for PS2,and of course they used the R06 Pre-set,what I mean is,they just modified bullshit of R06,and didn't improve nothing or done any novelty. So, I said,we're playing the same game,so that's why we think R06 is better.
PDS:Sorry of my "not-so-Perfect" english. And sorry if you don't understand nothing I eventually write crep when the pharagraph is to looong :p

Lol cuz, so what your trying to say is they took all that was wrong with R06 and built on that?

I must admit, I'm very skeptical about the game being good also. I play a lot of Fifa11 and I really believe they have nailed the gameplay now. My expectations for a decent rugby game now are very high as I expect the same depth and quality of gameplay as Fifa11. The fact is that the Fifa series have been developed upon over many years. Whereas for Rugby12 there isn't a massive development history and I also believe that the budget will be significantly smaller due to the popularity of the sport when you compare it to football.

I think the game for me will struggle to meet my high expectations. My only hope is that they make multiple advancements on the gameplay and give the player more control over the game via more choices (unlike the static rucks that are curently present).

I really don't care what it is like at the moment. Just get the game out as soon as possible. Then it will be judged.

The most important thing is to get the squads right this time. Do the proper research, make the players realistic, don't just use a generic face shot for a non-international, mainstream player.

Those rugby challenge games were the worst! You guys need to play the 2 of them and I can guarantee that all of you will be alot more grateful even if we do end up only getting an HD version of rugby 08

file:///C:/Users/NK/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png
superrugbylaunchvideostill.png
check out the kit and player likeness they are nearly the real thing!

Gents this is not the correct place for the discussion of SIDHE's game!

Latest posts