• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Widescreen Multiplayer

G

Gay-Guy

What a waste of time getting a widescreen to play R2005. When you play it the gameplay is actually slower. To rectify this you have to set your game back to normal mode where the gameplay returns back to normal.

So I think I will just play on my normal 29in.
<

Originally posted by Teh Mite+May 8 2005, 11:31 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ May 8 2005, 11:31 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Gay-Guy
@May 8 2005, 11:14 AM
So I think I will just play on my normal 29in.
Now thats just bragging! [/b]
huh? 29in is small and they sell them at a few stores (kmart, dick smith, etc) for $300 - $400 brand new.

yeah 29" is quite small, if ya want bragging, i only play multiplayer on my projector. 120" of pure rugby goodness
<
its great.

i only have rugby on my xbox so it looks pretty good. looks great when playing other games like doom3, half life(pc games) on there as well, it kicks ass...

now thats bragging
<

it makes no difference how big your tv is, all pal tvs run 768x576 and ntsc runs 640x480 making it run about twenty percent faster. widescreen mode shouldnt run slower due to your tele as its animorphic widescreen meaning the image is streched from standard 4:3 to 16:9 from the original pixels giving you no higher resolution.

although it does look much better on a huge screen

No..........I am not stretching the image. I am changing the XBox settings to widescreen 16:9. R2205 has been created to cater for widescreen play. You see MORE rather than the same image stretched.

However when it is in this mode the gameplay is slower. At first we thought it was an optical illusion (not much screen so you might have to eract faster meaning it felt faster) but then we realised that it wasn't that but it was in fact running slow.

The speed of the players sprinting and the game speed in general is about 30% slower. Very disappointing.

Latest posts