TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
photo_403474.jpg

After weeks of speculation, Wigan Warriors have confirmed that Martin Gleeson has left the club.

A statement by the club read as follows:

Following a difficult recent period including injuries, a minor disciplinary offence and a serious distraction in his personal life in which he was the victim - all of which have made it impossible for him to focus properly on his career to the extent required by both Club and Player - Martin Gleeson has left Wigan with immediate effect.

He will take a break to refocus before deciding on his future career direction.

Martin stated: "I am very proud to have represented my Hometown Club and am most grateful to the Club Management and, in particular, Ian Lenagan for the support given to me over this difficult period."

The Wigan Club and the Player will be making no further comment on this matter

http://loverugbyleague.com/news_5330-wigan-confirm-gleeson-departure.html

If he keeps out of trouble, he's a quality centre. But he can't - as he has proven at 3 of his 4 clubs. Disaster zone. Hell of a player on his day too - such a shame.

Probably end up at Crusaders then...
They've already snapped up Jordan Tansey when no one would touch him with a barge pole...

Id take him at the Crusaders. Track record or not, still a quality player.

The guy is a great Try scorer and any team could benfit from having him, shame about his reputation but its up to him to keep it in check.

He'll go to the NRL. If he can get into the country.

The article in the Independent today suggests that but also Hull and Salford are tracking him. Was apparently at Hull's game last week.

Hull seem to be the favourites in this country.

Latest posts