• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wii

S

St Helens RLFC

Let the Christmas scramble ensue. My cousin wants one for her daughter so I am now actively Wii seeking. Any stock shortages in your country?

Nintendo isn't very well supported in New Zealand due to next to no advertising except for in store promotional videos, but even they have slowly dissapeared in favour of 'the other two'.

I got a Wii for Christmas last year and like alot of people enjoyed it for a while then it gathered dust but now with Metroid, Mario, Brawl and Mario Kart coming plus developers having to think differently about how they develop games things are looking pretty good for Wii in the future.

I also found >this< article to be an interesting read.

imo, it just seems to be a gimmic. give it another year, buy it for a lazy hundy, and it will be worth it. other than that, pfft.

again, if youve got the money to blow on it, it is worth it. but if your tossing between a wii and a ps3/360, there not even in the same sentance.

nintendo in Australia and New Zealand is often very shafted but there has been some good news recently. mainly the wii being the fastest console in australia to break the 200k sales mark. the better games like galaxy are out and others still coming out with the likes of brawl and mario kart coming next year. the only real place I have heard of shortages is in America where they still fly off the shelves and have massive lines to get one.

Wii's are very hard to come by here in the US. I personally don't like them that much, but obviously some people do. I think their too hard to control. I'd rather just press buttons.

I read somewhere today that Nintendo of Europe are contemplating pulling any advertising for the Wii for the immediate future, such is the shortages of stock.

That being said, I also hear Germany doesnt have much in the way of a shortage going on. Then again, Germany bans a lot of games. As a Brit, i'm not supposed to feel sorry for Germans, but as a gamer and an advocate of free speech, I cant help but feel something for them...

yeah I read they would do that since they have no hope of making demand for the product and don't won't to over inflate the issue over the christmas period. instead they plan to advertise the DS over the christmas period.

again, if youve got the money to blow on it, it is worth it. but if your tossing between a wii and a ps3/360, there not even in the same sentance. [/b]

I know what you mean, the Wii is way out in front :p . Graphics aint everything, they don't make a good game. For example, resident evil 4 was way better on the Wii than everything else despite it being worse graphically than even the PS2 verison. The controls were just waaay better, Wiimote as a gun!!

Gotta say both the 360 and PS3 are excellent consoles (think the 360 is still better, due to way more games available). The only problem I have with the 360 is reliability, friends one died after a year (got it replaced though, well done MS). The majour problem I have with the PS3 is...... Blueray. I don't want to spend on something I won't use, there still isn't a winner between Blueray and HD DVD and yet sony just used the PS3 to help them win the format war, terrible tactics imo.

Anyway, my point was that I think Wii > PS3/360, personal preference.

For example, resident evil 4 was way better on the Wii than everything else despite it being worse graphically than even the PS2 verison. The controls were just waaay better, Wiimote as a gun!!
[/b]

We bought our son a Wii for xmas and being a bit of Resident Evil fan I quite fancy picking up Res 4 for the Wii... how good is it?

We bought our son a Wii for xmas and being a bit of Resident Evil fan I quite fancy picking up Res 4 for the Wii... how good is it?[/b]
I can only speak for the PS2 version (what with it being the version I played), but it is a competently good game, if not really like the older Resi ***les.

Seriously, you can tell why they went from "Survival Horror" to "Survival Action".

<div class='quotemain'>We bought our son a Wii for xmas and being a bit of Resident Evil fan I quite fancy picking up Res 4 for the Wii... how good is it?[/b]
I can only speak for the PS2 version (what with it being the version I played), but it is a competently good game, if not really like the older Resi ***les.

Seriously, you can tell why they went from "Survival Horror" to "Survival Action".
[/b][/quote]

Hi,

Thanks for the reply Zonerunner :)

I have Res 4 for the ps2. I was just wondering how it plays / comes across on the Wii.

My fave out of the series is still Res 2 on the ps1.

Dave

I was very much a Fan of Res Evil on the Gamecube, the graphics were superb...

I am looking at getting a Wii but I will hopefully get it as part of my next phone contract...

2008 is going to be a good year for the Wii I hope. the first year was a really mixed bag with lots of developers not putting in the effort to make decent games but then towards the end of the year we got some quality ***les like galaxy and metroid. Some of which in aus/nz we haven't seen yet like medal of honor heroes 2 which has 32 player online support good controls and proabbly the first real fps on the Wii. other games to look out for in early 2008 are super smash brothers brawl, mario kart, no more heroes. also of interest in 2008 will be seeing what ubisoft do since they have publicly said they aim to have nintendo like quality in their Wii games. Other interesting possible additions to the Wii are rumoured to be voice chat and dvd functionality.

Wife bought me the Wii over Christmas with the standard sports pack.

I was always a 'the wii is a gimmick' person and never put much belief into it being a proper console. I now take it back - it's great fun - so much fun actually. I've been playing it constantly since i got it.

Bought Res Evil 4 for it and once again, the control system is spot on. Camera positions are a little odd, and the graphics aren't as sharp as i would have expected, but it's definitely been ported over extremely well

Definitely very happy with it.

cool another person with a wii on the forum awesome!. just make sure you read reviews about games before buying them as there is a fair amount of shovelware games on the wii. more good games are coming over the next few weeks and next month so should have plenty of quality ***les to choose from.

I've just discovered the DS Lite and it is awesome!. Got a bunch of great games for it too. I Love Nintendo.

<div class='quotemain'> For example, resident evil 4 was way better on the Wii than everything else despite it being worse graphically than even the PS2 verison. The controls were just waaay better, Wiimote as a gun!!
[/b]

We bought our son a Wii for xmas and being a bit of Resident Evil fan I quite fancy picking up Res 4 for the Wii... how good is it? [/b][/quote]

have a seat vambo.

miss-quote me and ill come after you with a knife.

it confuses me.

Wii owners **** me off, all smug f***ers like the sort people who own Mac Computers or the sort of people who are Radiohead fans. Especially the old fatarses who go on about it, saying how they would never buy a console, but the Wii is an excerise machine! It's keeping them fit. In the place I work the other day we had some American come in on a cruiseship who got talking to one of the workers, and he said that he was achey because he had just had a workout on his Wii.

No you fatarse. Moving your hands around a little bit does not make the Wii some magical machine that will keep you fit... so naturally I directed him to the sweet section and coaxed him into buying the most expensive, fattest, creamiest cake on the shelf.

Latest posts