• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wilkinson back to face London Wasps!

L

London Wasps

Hi,

Looks like Jonnys back to play aganst us next Sunday. I am glad to see his return and hope that he has a good game
<

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/4574520.stm

Check out the story from the BBC, I wish him well and hope that his injury spell is over!!

Oh, and of course us to win aganst them!!

Thanks,

London Wasps

2nd from Top! Come on Wasps, win the premiership again!!

only time will tell Teh Mite all I can say is England and Newcastle wasted him. They tried to push him back to quickly as he was hugely marketable and in the end it ended up costing them the biggest name in english rugby.

Well, if there's any justice in the world Charlie Hodgson won't loose his England spot to him. The Lions tour showed who the better fly half is now.

I totally agree with you on that.. I think Charlie is a very good Fly-half and do believe that the Number 10 jersey is going to be his.. Wilkinson will not make it back in the England team, which is a shame..

Anyway, still good to have him back..

Thanks,
London Wasps

Is it any wonder that his body just shut down the way it did considering the amount of high level rugby he's played since 17, by this stage he probably has the body of someone in their mid thirties. And it would seem that even Woodturd was aware of this problem when he started both Hodgson and Wilkinson in the 2003 6 Nations, just to give Charlie some serious gametime if Wilkinson had collapsed before or during the world cup.

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Jan 5 2006, 04:24 AM
Is it any wonder that his body just shut down the way it did considering the amount of high level rugby he's played since 17, by this stage he probably has the body of someone in their mid thirties. And it would seem that even Woodturd was aware of this problem when he started both Hodgson and Wilkinson in the 2003 6 Nations, just to give Charlie some serious gametime if Wilkinson had collapsed before or during the world cup.
yah his body is f***ed what he needs is a serious break from any sort of training. Its his obsessive training regimen thats killing him. their is such a thing as overtraining. But hye he is a world champion and sometimes u gotta do what u gotta do.

I am Welsh, Johnny is English but I can safely post here what I have posted elsewhere many times. The RFU & Newcastle RFC deserve to be shagged blind with a pinneapple for the way they have treated JW. The boy has been **** on at every corner being rushed back into the team when he is not fit.

Johnny Wilkinson could have been one of the all time greats (although some still hold him as such, but IMO he really hasn't fullfilled potential due to the above). We will never see the best of JW, as his best now will be a shadow of what his best could have been.

Originally posted by ScumV@Jan 5 2006, 11:01 AM
I am Welsh
oh no....

but yeah nah - hes a great player, and he needs a massive holiday from rugby. i dont think this is the last we will see on wilko in the international scene though...

i agree although im not a fan of technical number tens i prefer the more fluent number 10's ala dan carter and phill bennet

Originally posted by sambad5+Jan 5 2006, 10:09 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sambad5 @ Jan 5 2006, 10:09 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ScumV
@Jan 5 2006, 11:01 AM
I am Welsh
oh no....

but yeah nah - hes a great player, and he needs a massive holiday from rugby. i dont think this is the last we will see on wilko in the international scene though... [/b]
I agree sambad and I also agree with you ScumV Newcaslte RFC and RFU have placed enormous pressures on johnny and have treated him very poorly trying to rush him back as he is a money making machine but this inturn has come close to ruining his career. I have a feeling though that we haven't seen the last of Johnny Wilkinson and given the proper nurturing he can again reach the level of play and form he had prior to the RWC.

Wilkinson is his own worst enemy. He's destroyed himself with his dedication. His mind writes cheques that his body just can't always cash.

Originally posted by ScumV@Jan 5 2006, 10:01 AM
I am Welsh, Johnny is English but I can safely post here what I have posted elsewhere many times. The RFU & Newcastle RFC deserve to be shagged blind with a pinneapple for the way they have treated JW. The boy has been **** on at every corner being rushed back into the team when he is not fit.

Johnny Wilkinson could have been one of the all time greats (although some still hold him as such, but IMO he really hasn't fullfilled potential due to the above). We will never see the best of JW, as his best now will be a shadow of what his best could have been.
You lost me at "I am Welsh".....

The thing is that all his injuries aren't really related. He knackered his neck/shoulder, then hurt his knee, had appendicitus (sp?) and then a groin injury. He probably wasn't fully fit, and hasn't been for years, but a lot of it's bad luck.

To be honest, I expect Wilko's happy that Hodgson's developed so well. At least there's a lot less pressure on him coming straight back into the England team (isn't he notionally still captain, or is Corry the permanent fixture?)

Could go and play football for Southampton if he likes. Not as much chance of injury.

I think Wilko should take a year off without training whatsoever & then try again. If he gets carries on getting injured, then he should retire.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Jan 5 2006, 06:16 PM
Could go and play football for Southampton if he likes. Not as much chance of injury.
Well, he's garanteed to get picked by Woodward, regardless of fitness or form!
<

Latest posts