• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Will this be the same as last year?

F

funksoulbrother

Last year Locks told us Rugby 2005 was the new Lomu, but after months of hype and a few weeks of playing we got sick of it

The year before that he said Rugby 2004 was great, but then we found it wasn't.

I really hope he is right this time

Originally posted by funksoulbrother@Jan 16 2006, 11:55 AM
Last year Locks told us Rugby 2005 was the new Lomu, but after months of hype and a few weeks of playing we got sick of it

well for me the problem with 2005 was the lack of offloads, shocking kicking, and lack of manual rucks/mauls

he says offloads are in, and are good
he says the kicking game is very slose to RC2006 (which was near the same as WCR), which is the best kicking game of all rugby games
ruck/mauls apparantly still the same, but if the above is fixed i'll get over it.

Originally posted by funksoulbrother@Jan 16 2006, 12:55 PM

In fairness about rugby 2004 locks told it was great after first impressions. But then changed his mind about it after some extended play to being totally ********.

Go for the 'don't get very hyped approach'. Then we all won't be as disappointed when it turns out to be a below par rugby game.

I'd say we shouldn't get too excited personally... Things have certainly improved by the sounds of it, but line outs, rucks and scrums are still the same from what locks says, which is pretty dissapointing because in my opinion a rugby game needs to be pretty deep in all 3 of those area's, especially rucking. Ontop of that they still don't have a proper lions tour (you can't pick the home side) and weather conditions are still fixed... which is pretty bloody lazy on HB's part.

So yeah, I'm sure it'll be good, but lets not set our hopes too high, because it still looks like a game that probably could have done with another couple months production time...

Originally posted by ak47+Jan 16 2006, 12:06 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jan 16 2006, 12:06 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-funksoulbrother
@Jan 16 2006, 11:55 AM

well for me the problem with 2005 was the lack of offloads, shocking kicking, and lack of manual rucks/mauls

he says offloads are in, and are good
he says the kicking game is very slose to RC2006 (which was near the same as WCR), which is the best kicking game of all rugby games
ruck/mauls apparantly still the same, but if the above is fixed i'll get over it. [/b]
Will we ever get better rucks? In the original Ea Rugby they atleast allowed you to control them.
<

Originally posted by sanzar@Jan 16 2006, 02:22 PM
I'd say we shouldn't get too excited personally... Things have certainly improved by the sounds of it, but line outs, rucks and scrums are still the same from what locks says, which is pretty dissapointing because in my opinion a rugby game needs to be pretty deep in all 3 of those area's, especially rucking. Ontop of that they still don't have a proper lions tour (you can't pick the home side) and weather conditions are still fixed... which is pretty bloody lazy on HB's part.

So yeah, I'm sure it'll be good, but lets not set our hopes too high, because it still looks like a game that probably could have done with another couple months production time...
I recommend you give this number a call after seeing Locksleys preview.

1300 651 251

Latest posts