• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Winning Eleven: PES 2007

Liking the sound of the qualification mode, and little additions such as the quick free kicks should make it just that little bit more realistic.

oooh yeah baby

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200....1805.57742.htm

Sure the World Cup is over for the United States, but some of the best matches in this year’s tourney are just about to happen. While we’ve been replaying a number of games with EA’s 2006 FIFA World Cup, we’ve also been toying quite a bit with Konami’s footie juggernaut Winning Eleven 10, which will be known as Winning Eleven: Pro Evolution Soccer 2007 in North America. While this could be Konami’s final hurrah on the PlayStation 2, WE10 may just be the team’s best way to close out the current-gen.

The elusive FIFA license was up for grabs this year, and Konami laid down again and allowed Electronic Arts to snatch it up until 2014. While disappointing to WE fans, the company is expanding its roster of specific country licenses and club teams. WE10 features 20 licenses including newcomers Argentina, Australia, England, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, and Sweden. New club teams include Bayern Munich, Copenhagen, and Rosenburg.

Granted, Konami releases as many versions of WE as EA releases FIFA ***les (in Japan it’s three times as many), WE10 seems to focus on fixing some of the problems that plagued WE9 more than adding major features. One of the biggest issues players faced with WE9 was the amount of fouls called and cards dealt. A foul would be called after barely touching an opponent, which would slow the flow of the game considerably. Refs will call fouls a bit more accurately in WE10, and simple shoves won’t get called, allowing the players to play, unlike this year’s actual World Cup (snicker).

Konami sped the play up a few notches in WE9, and WE10 keeps this brisk pace, if not sped it up even more. With the added animations, it makes the game feel much more responsive and realistic. Especially for players who have invested a lot of time in WE9 who were used to the over aggressive referees, it’s a huge improvement on the pacing of the game.

Konami has upped the ante on the presentation side of WE. Although the game still doesn’t compare to the polish of EA’s footie ***les, it’s a noticeable improvement. The amount of player animations was already staggering, but the team has added in quite a bit more including new animations for heel kicks, feints, stutters, headers, and celebrations. The camera has been modified as well, and the game has a much more broadcast feel, especially in the replays. The replay mode has been completely reworked to allow the user to manipulate the camera’s position and forward and reverse of the replay with the analog sticks. Finally, there’s the addition of a third commentator on the pitch which will give reports to round out reporting of the action on the field.
As far as new modes, Konami has added a new random match generator, and an International Challenge mode that gives you an opportunity to take your favorite countries team through qualifying and finals of an international tournament. Also, while online play was stripped from WE10 in Japan, expect to see online play included in all console versions of the game, including handhelds.

Although the game has been out in Japan for a while now, the team is still tightening up a number of elements prior to its release in North America in January. Winning Eleven Producer Shingo “Seabass†Takatsuka stated that in addition to the above features, tweaks will be made for AI improvements and game balancing.

What does the team have in store for the Xbox 360? Seabass told Game Informer Online that he sees the Xbox 360 version to have even more balanced gameplay than the current version of the game. They’re planning on adding even more animations, one-on-one scenarios with the goalies, and more depth to the gameplay and game system. Color us intrigued. Unfortunately, the Xbox 360 version has still yet to be shown, and we’ll have an update to Xbox 360 features once we get our hands on the game.

But so far, we have to say we’re impressed with our experience with the latest in the Winning Eleven series. By cleaning up what marred WE9, and adding more speed and fluidity to WE10, Konami has once again proven they’re the experts in recreating the beautiful game.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Jun 28 2006, 09:04 AM
Sounds good, but I'm not happy about the lack of licensing.
Neither am I. Don't get me wrong, it will still be an awesome game, but by all accounts the gap between this and FIFA is getting smaller, and with a full list of licenses, xbox 360 graphics and further gameplay improvements, it may be a difficult decision for me this year*

*as to whether I buy both or not... come on, I'd never NOT buy Pro Evo...

Originally posted by ak47@Jun 28 2006, 09:30 AM
While disappointing to WE fans, the company is expanding its roster of specific country licenses and club teams. WE10 features 20 licenses including newcomers Argentina, Australia, England, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, and Sweden. New club teams include Bayern Munich, Copenhagen, and Rosenburg.

it says here that they are expanding again

so the lack of liscenses is getting smaller

i know with this edition we will have to go edit crazy to fix

but any edition after that will be a simple port from the ole file in the memory card/drive

wont be a hard decision for me as this game is simply the best by miles

however i may get FIFA aswell............the owner mode seems to have a little more back office things which i do like in sports games.

PES for playing

FIFA for simulating and administrating...managing etc

Some people will say go and get LMA manager etc......but unless its rugby, these games are too deep in managerial skills, in which for soccer, i am not educated enough to take full advantage.

What would be good is if a manager game came out and u could watch the games, of ur team and it was 100% perfect in TV presentation, and life like photostyles visuals.

I am not allowed to make too many comments about games anymore. all I will say is that after playing pro evo 4 a few years back now I don't think I will never buy fifa again.

I hope that is not too offensive for members on this forum.

You suck.

Some people will say go and get LMA manager etc......but unless its rugby, these games are too deep in managerial skills, in which for soccer, i am not educated enough to take full advantage.
[/b]

I know sweet f*** all about Soccer except that England suck, but I can still play and keep up with the Football Manager Series easily enough.

I have Winning Eleven 10. It is much easier than the last version. You can basically run around the defenders and beat them for speed on 3 stars difficulty...

I thought the number of liscences were pretty good. Most club sides just have blank shirts with no sponsers but all the major clubs have correct player names which is all I really care about.

Cannot comment on the commentary as my version has Japanese commentators...

Doesn't feel much different from the previous versions, although you will notice a big difference in the strictness of ref's. You can pretty much slide straight into the back of someone and you will only pick up a yellow card...

"...Some people will say go and get LMA manager etc......but unless its rugby, these games are too deep in managerial skills, in which for soccer, i am not educated enough to take full advantage..." ak47.

The LMA series is excellent, although I haven't played the latest incarnation.

It isn't as complicated as the Football Manager series and is a lot of fun. I wouldn't worry about not being "educated enough" you learn pretty quick and they have loads of forums featuring tips, strategy advice, top players, training info, etc.

If you can pick up 05, or 04 for cheap you should seriously consider it.

There are some more (PS2) movies up on IGN. The link is here and may well be the same link as before, but the videos have been updated. Shows some of the new licensed international teams, as well as a fairly decent amount of gameplay.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Jul 13 2006, 09:02 PM
Liverpool had better be licensed.....
Pretty sure the only new licenses are international ones... don't think there are any new clubs! On the plus side, FIFA world cup was pretty good so the fully licensed FIFA 07 should be worth a look this year...

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Jul 14 2006, 09:45 AM
How much difference was there between Fifa 06 and WC06?
I'm not sure but i thouroughly enjoyed World Cup06...only played FIFA06 for 10 mins at a shop.

The atmosphere and presentation in World Cup 06 is next to none.

The gameplay could be worked upon, but u can get by satisfied, due to the beautiful visuals, sound, and preso.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Jul 14 2006, 09:45 AM
How much difference was there between Fifa 06 and WC06?
Now that I am getting the hang of it I am starting to think that World Cup is a step forward compared to Fifa06. A while back I thought world cup had stuffed up.

Got word on the street that Konami have the FFA rights

Monday 7th August 2006 â€" Atari, one of Australia’s leading sources of interactive entertainment, and Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has announced it has reached agreement with Football Federation Australia to include the Australian men’s national football side, the Socceroos in its forthcoming Pro Evolution Soccer 6 ***le, due for release later this year.

Not sure if this will mean A-League

But it does mean the Official Socceroos

Eat my dust FIFA.

I have what I need liscensed, and the gameplay to back it up.

:bleh!: