• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Winter is here

S

St Helens RLFC

That is the coldest night of the year so far out there, it is bloody freezing! How is your winter? Better or worse than expected?

I'm hoping for a cold winter, it hasn't started in the northern hemisphere yet, what you're complaining about is Autumn :p

It's pretty cold, so so far so good, although I still bugs flying around :(

The reason I ant a cold winter is that then maybe we'll have a normal spring, and a sort of warmer summer, not one where the highest temperature is 19 degrees celsius, and that womes with cloudy days and rain :(

Better! Much Better!!

Only have had snow a few times and its almost december!! Not to mention it hasnt been as bitterly cold, mostly in the 40's and 50's farenheit thus far!! And only in the low 30's at night!

Not bad at all...yet.

I read somewhere about this horrible plan Al Gore has to Warm the Globe. I'm not sure if I caught it all correctly, but hey, I'm sorta against that.
;)
It was 82 on Tuesday, and by that night it had dropped down to 35. That's a steep drop...since then..COLD. Thank God...we need some good freezes to kill off all the insects and crap. Plus I like fashionable coats.

We don't believe in heating our flat with radiators, we are hardcore.

I went to sleep in my socks, hoody and a beanie the other night.
Stupidly cold.
Snow* is inevitbale

*Snow in this country is literally slush, none of the good crisp stuff you can throw at people and make them wince or cry. It's the type you pick up and falls through your fingers.

Ripper turns in to a Springbok? Hell has frozen over ... but it's still raining in England, and McAlister is playing for Sale.

Not very fresh btw 2° and 3°, but a f***** wind (50 to 90 kmH) that make it hard.

It's twatting cold and Rugby League shirts aren't renouned for high standards of insulation.

Damn you St. Helens, damn you!

It must just be me who burns up wearing them then.

Oh wait... that was in Ibiza!

Stop yer whinning you bunch of women!

It's not that cold. I start work at 6.00am in the morning and I'm quite happy outside in a t-shirt at that time. Also, I only ever wear one layer of shorts and t-shirt at training on the mud bath that is the Malleny Park paddock.

So stop whinging and be real men.

Come off it EG, you're Scottish, you expect minus 25 temperatures and snow in the middle of summer, you've been brought up with it!

no way is it winter, its balmy.

well ok today isnt balmy, but the rest of the week has been. Today is just cloudy but still pretty warm.

Summer isnt far away, its cricket season, the season for beaches and bbqs.

best time of year is this time of year :)

So basically what your saying St.H...is that Scots are real mean where as the English are all a bit soft?

What are you fruits on about? It's quite clearly summer. [/b]

True :lol: well almost summer.

Its spring as far as I'm concerned and Summer starts in 6 days. [/b]

Oh okay i didnt know that

well ok today isnt balmy, but the rest of the week has been. Today is just cloudy but still pretty warm.

best time of year is this time of year :) [/b]

Another summer of the black caps sucking eh?. :D Would be nice to see the Aussies break the consecutive tests won record. ;)

<div class='quotemain'> What are you fruits on about? It's quite clearly summer. [/b]

True :lol: well almost summer.

Its spring as far as I'm concerned and Summer starts in 6 days. [/b]

Oh okay i didnt know that

best time of year is this time of year :) [/b]

Another summer of the black caps sucking eh?. :D Would be nice to see the Aussies break the consecutive tests won record. ;)
[/b][/quote]
The boxing day test will equal the record and the new years test will get us the record :D (or will new years test equal and the one after that surpass?) Can't wait for a great summer of cricket!!!

So basically what your saying St.H...is that Scots are real mean where as the English are all a bit soft? [/b]

I'm inferring that the weather in Scotland is somewhat more inclement!

Latest posts